Film rental : iTunes v Sky

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Taking MIB3 as an example.

Its £4.49 on iTunes & £3.99 on Sky.

Ive used iTunes for film rental and am very happy, but wondering if the Sky experience is as good for 50p less.

Anybody used both and has a preference.

I must say I'm favouring iTunes as I've used it before and know its ok.

Juzzie Wuzzie

I have both as an option to me (and Netflix via ATV) and generally choose iTunes, then Netflix, then Sky. Why? Netflix is free, but doesn't have as greater range as iTunes (for which I have a US account). Sky gets enough of my money, so relegated to third. In the end, a 20 movies a year, at £10 difference is hardly going to break the bank.

big1986ben

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have used both and find the sky to be better. Very good picture quality. Its about the same price as going to blockbusters – I cant see why it would be any more there overheads are a lot cheaper then a video store.

daveh75

SBO (HD) bitrates will be 5+ times that of streaming services and it shows.

Even with modern/efficient codecs you can't compress to the levels these services do without a detrimental effect on PQ, plus they use 'adaptive' streaming so bitrates/quality will vary depending on bandwidth/CPU capacity available at any given time.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it appears my original question is moot.

It is not practical for me to have a phone line to the sky box and it seems I need to for billing.

Im wireless for on demand btw.

daveh75

richardw42 said:
Unfortunately it appears my original question is moot.

It is not practical for me to have a phone line to the sky box and it seems I need to for billing.

Im wireless for on demand btw.

Bit of an inconvenience (you'll have to speak to a human being) but you can order SBO over the phone

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts