Visit site
Hey

I bought a faulty PS3 which had a controller and wires and mint cond for 30.00

It plays Dvd's and everything else, but no games or blu-rays

are these drives expensive?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

You wont be able to fix it yourself - its not like just replacing the drive in a pc.

You will have to send it off to be serviced. I believe its a fixed price of £130. Sony exchange it - they come round and take ur old one away to be refurbished and leave u with a replacement of the same model.

A

Anonymous

emotion-3.gif

Might as well send an extra 70.00 and buy a new one.

I am sure someone apart from sony can do the job, if not, will ebay it, as its mint cond and plays dvd's and will still stream ect..

A

Anonymous

Hi Canada 16,

You can replace the ps3 bluray drive yourself. It's not the easiest of things to do, but if you've any experience replacing parts inside a laptop it's definitely an option. A google search will reveal both places to purchase a replacement drive (ebay is probably your best bet on this) and video instructions on how to do it. I've done this myself, and after 12 months the drive is still working 100%.

Good Luck!

A

Anonymous

Someone said buy a YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) from ebay, they are going for under 50.00.

So got me a working ps3 for 80.00.

That could be an idea eh!

A

Anonymous

That's definitely an idea, though there'll be no guarantee that the blu ray drive inside the YLOD machine will work / won't break down in 2 weeks. Plus, IIRC there are 2 different types of laser / motor assembly, so you need to be sure you're getting the correct one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts