faulty Logitech Harmony Remote (515)

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a logitech harmony 515 from play.com last year (July) and now it has developed a fault - the main select button isn't working as well as it did. It still works, but you now need to press it much harder than the other buttons, so much so that generally it means you accidentally press an adjacent button.

I have a few questions:

1. has anyone else had this problem, and does it get worse (sooner deal with it now, rather than wait for it to stop working altogether);
2. does anyone have experience returning fault items to play.com after 9 month's use? their returns section on the website doesn't really mention faults after time...

thanks

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 555 (i think), which is a good few years old, and very simiar to your 515. All I can say is that a few buttons on mine started failing like yours after 12 months. They dont get any better i'm afraid. I have to press really hard if I want to use any of the coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote. The strange thing is, is that those coloured buttons are the least used ones on the whole remote. One of the buttons next to the screen is also a pig to get working.

As for returning goods - I have not given anything back to Play, but I have had dealings with Logitech when my Squeezebox screen went kaput. The customer service from Logitech was excellent, I'd go as far to say it was the best customer service experience I have had from anyone. I would just call Logetch direct and forget about Play.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thanks! Contacted them directly, they advised me to "jiggle it a bit" and update the firmware, which didn't work, so they're sending me a brand-new Harmony 600 (as the 515 is discontinued).

TRENDING THREADS