Fatman iTube Carbon 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hiya Guys,,

First post =D

Im looking at getting the fatman itube carbon 2 and had a few questions...

Firstly is it best to purcahase with the supplied speakers? or buy seperately? are there any 100-150 speakers that people would advise - ideally id like glossy piano black but quality is what I am after =D

Also Ive noticed it that it has 25ws power - isnt this extremely low? does this mean it doesnt really pack a decent punch and goes quite loud?

Also are the glass tubes dangerously hot?

And lastly - Ive read comments about it accepting the iphone 3g - is this in progress or actually released? 

I look forward to your responses =D

Cheers 

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We've always said that, although the Carbon speakers aren't bad at all, we prefered the head unit attached to some Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs, Roth OLi1s or Q Acoustics' 1010is. The Roths are the glossiest of that trio.
25 watts is enough to drive any of those three to decent volume. The Carbon is a punchy little unit, but there's some nice valve warmth there as well...
...that's warmth in the metaphorical sense. The valves do get warm, sure, but they're not dangerously hot and in any case can be shielded.
If I understand Fatman correctly, the new iPhone 3G-compatible Carbons are in the shops now - TSP £400. If you see one for considerably less (under £350, say), check that it's one of the 3G-compatible if that's what you want... otherwise save yourself a nice few quid.

A

Anonymous

thansk for the advise..

ÿ

would you advise this system? or is there something else you would put above it? my needs are quite simple - i really want something thats sounds amazing - and looks amazing...the ipod dock is not neccessary but i would like it =D and is there any of those speakers you would really say to go for to make use of the system quality...

ÿ

to be honest im thinking about gettin a cheap nano to run with it and have lossless compression on the files - I assume that you can control the ipod from the remote?

ÿ

also it worth spending extra on speaker cable? - if so does anyone know a link to where it should come from?

ÿ

cheersÿ

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

anyone else with any views on the system or the speakers? =D

A

Anonymous

also guys...

ÿ

considering prices out of the original iTube valvedock and the Carbon 2 and also the itube 182.. which is best value for money and how does sound quality differ?

ÿ

many thanksÿ

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread; i have just had a look at the Fatman website and wondered whether a record player (with an external phono amp) could be used with one of these as well as the Tannoy F1 speakers?

My brother's looking to create a system so that he can use his iPod as well as being able to listen top his vinyl collection again!

Thanks

Murdo Mathewson

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
martinbly:
Hiya Guys,,

First post =D

Im looking at getting the fatman itube carbon 2 and had a few questions...

ÿ

Firstly is it best to purcahase with the supplied speakers? or buy seperately? are there any 100-150 speakers that people would advise - ideally id like glossy piano black but quality is what I am after =D

ÿ

Also Ive noticed it that it has 25ws power - isnt this extremely low? does this mean it doesnt really pack a decent punch and goes quite loud?

ÿ

Also are the glass tubes dangerously hot?

ÿ

And lastly - Ive read comments about it accepting the iphone 3g - is this in progress or actually released?ÿ

ÿ

I look forward to your responses =D

ÿ

Cheersÿ

Hello, as others have already said, it doesn't get dangerously hot - it has to pass safety standards, etc - plus you can always leave the grille on. Though it looks better off! The power is plenty to fill a room, and it's punchy, too. Re the iPhone compatibility,the 'Works with iPhone' version is not yet on sale, but just switch the iPhone into 'flight mode' and you should avoid any unwanted sound interference. It should charge, too. At the minute there are very, very few Works with iPhone (especially 3G) docks out there. The Roth Audio OLi 1 speakers are a very good choice, especially if you plan to situate them close to a wall (see the WHFSV review for more).
Regards
Murdo

Ps I handle PR for Fatman and Roth Audio - just in case I am accused of 'not telling'!

Murdo Mathewson

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979:Sorry to hijack the thread; i have just had a look at the Fatman website and wondered whether a record player (with an external phono amp) could be used with one of these as well as the Tannoy F1 speakers?

My brother's looking to create a system so that he can use his iPod as well as being able to listen top his vinyl collection again!

Thanks
Yup, that should work. For a neat and tidy solution look at the Pro-ject Debut, which comes with a built-in phono amp.

http://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=443

A

Anonymous

The fatman website says it is not compatible with Itouch 2nd gen, is this right as ive seen other places saying it is.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i bought the carbon v2 just before christmas i decided to go for the monitor audio br1 and i am very impressed with the whole package - lovely warm sounding package

has plenty of punch and kick for an average size room - i have mine in my kitchen wich isn't massive but it more that fills it with sound when turned up a little

tbodsworth

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I realise this is a very old thread but I thought I'd reply here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm considering one of these itube carbon 2s but I can't seem to find any information on whether it'd work with a new iphone 4s?

Does anyone know if a carbon 2 works with iphone 4s?

Cheers.

Tom.

tbodsworth

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
tbodsworth said:
Hi there, I realise this is a very old thread but I thought I'd reply here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm considering one of these itube carbon 2s but I can't seem to find any information on whether it'd work with a new iphone 4s?

Does anyone know if a carbon 2 works with iphone 4s?

Cheers.

Tom.

Anyone able to help?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts