FAO Andrew Everard / WHF staff: old WHF reviews?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

chebby said:
John Duncan said:
spiny norman said:
John Duncan said:
I'd rather not, if it's all the same to you...

No more beater-testing then, JD?

Talking of which...

So can we have the review now?

I'd need to write it first :)

Summary - NP30 with an Amp in it, app is good though not quite as slick as Naim (and neither as slick as Sonos), sounds great, maybe about 100 quid too dear for its target market if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 2457

So it is true Andrew is no longer on the WHF staff list in the mag? What happened there then? :? I thought he loved working for WHF!

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
I saw Andrew on Saturday (at the National Audio Show) - he's busy with all sorts of exciting stuff, including plenty for Haymarket.

You really should check out his blog :)

Ah thanks Clare.
smiley-smile.gif
I will have a read. So it was a promotion of sorts? As long as he is okay.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Clare Newsome said:
I saw Andrew on Saturday (at the National Audio Show) - he's busy with all sorts of exciting stuff, including plenty for Haymarket.

Ah thanks Clare.
smiley-smile.gif

http://andreweverard.com/about-2/

Found this bit, I will try and keep up to date with it. Thanks.
smiley-smile.gif

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Meantime, more that two weeks on, the OP seems no closer to getting an answer from WHSV. Surley all this stuff must be on a database or in an archive or something?

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
Clare Newsome said:

Ah thanks Clare.
smiley-smile.gif
I will have a read.

Why do I bother?

Gel, I provided that link on page 1 of this thread (14 days ago). You responded a minute later so must have read it.

I only read the first page, not all the contact bits, I just thought it was a blog at first glance, I didn't realise it was his actual site! Now I do I will try and keep up to date with it. I now realise what he is doing too but I wasn't entirely sure. Like I said I just thought it was one of many blogs he writes.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
gel said:
Clare Newsome said:

Ah thanks Clare.
smiley-smile.gif

smiley-smile.gif

It is on this link here Norman. (I do like your name Norman.)
smiley-smile.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
gel said:
gel said:
Clare Newsome said:

Ah thanks Clare.
smiley-smile.gif

smiley-smile.gif

It is on this link here Norman. (I do like your name Norman.)
smiley-smile.gif

As far as I can remember he's always been the Audio Editor for Gramophone, the WHF stuff was more of a side job (apart from the almost round the clock moderating he was doing here, unless he just doesn't sleep at all), so I don't think it's a promotion, seems he's just decided to do more of his own thing, while keeping the Gramophone connection.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
As far as I can remember he's always been the Audio Editor for Gramophone, the WHF stuff was more of a side job

Not sure: his LinkedIn page suggests he's been with WHSV much longer, and 'only' with Gramaphone since 1999. This is a bit like a Miss Marple mystery, isn't it? :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts