FAO Andrew Everard / WHF staff: old WHF reviews?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just for posterity I'm interested in looking out for any WHF mags which reviewed my HiFi equipment (late Cyrus 1, late Cyrus 2, late PSX, 2nd-gen Cyrus tuner with the remote, Nakamichi DR1-3 cassette decks, Marantz CD-63KI, PM66 KI). Not too interested in the speakers.

Was wondering if anyone would be able to give me the month and year of any issues with either individual reviews or Supertests of the above components?

I had a load of WHF mags from the mid 1980s to mid 1990s which I bought new when I was young and single. I bought the mag religiously every month for over ten years. Marriage meant they were binned a long time ago. Should have put my foot down with a firm hand and kept them.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
In his own words...

"...and until recently wrote news, reviews and blogs for What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision."

That tells me that he no longer writes for What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.

He still wites for Haymarket as he is the Audio Editor of Gramophone.

Ced Yuen

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had a look on our web database, and it only seems to go back about five years.

Will see what I can do, but it might take a trip down the catacombs with a torch, whip and fedora.

Bear with us.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
In his own words...

"...and until recently wrote news, reviews and blogs for What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision."

That tells me that he no longer writes for What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.

Good Lord! Extraordinary! I just don't know how you do it, Holmes

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
Nobody mentioned strapping. I think you've made an imaginative leap.

Now you're just splitting hairs over JD's (alleged) flagelatory peccadilloes.

Meantime, is the WHSV guy back from the catamites, or whoever he was going to ask about those old reviews?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts