External DAC for Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im new to this forum as i was looking for something to improve the sound quality of my laptop's output. I have not found any budget external DAC that could be used to better the sound quality sourced from my laptop to my Altec Lansing FX4021 speakers. So im looking for an external DAC or anything that would improve the source from my laptop. I was hoping people here at HI-FI would know these things better and could help me find a cheap solution to this problem. My budget would probably have to be around less than 50 quid, but even that amount could go higher. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Qib

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm with our jumpy friend on this one - not at all sure an external DAC is worthwhile with these speakers, and pretty confident it's not worth spending more than the cost of the speakers on one.

Might be worth trying an improved external soundcard, such as one of the Creative models, but again I think the speakers will be a limiting factor.

A

Anonymous

Alright, would a Creative X-mod improve my speakers or should i just get a simple Turtle Beach Advantage Micro. My main goal is to just improve the sound coming from my laptop, as even the headphone jack does not fulfill the sound from my headphones. Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

I dont really need to power my headphones (igrados and ksc75) as i have a portable amp thats on the way, a PA2V2. Im not really sure what computer specs to post but from looking at device manager alone, ive got the legacy audio drivers and a realtek high definition audio. My soundcard is intergrated so im not really sure what i have, my laptop is a Acer Aspire 5673WLMi. I think the choices come down to either spending more for the trends DAC or the simple Turtle beach micro or spend a bit more for the Xmod. What specifications would you like me to post? Thanks for the replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts