Exposure 2010S2 DAC

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

have booked a demo for this next week along with dac's from Audiolab and Musical Fidelity, I have not seen much about the exposure dac on the forum and I thought it had been discontinued.
However have seen a few reviews and looks worth a listen, just wondered if anyone else had heard it and their views .

Thanks

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
I've not listened to it but I look forward to hearing your thoughts after your demo. I'm considering the Audiolab & music Fidelity as well along with the rega and w4s and maybe the Beresford bushmaster. Quite a spread really!

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Finally got round to a demo with the Exposue, MDAC and new MF headphone dac.

There was a problem wit the pc so all listening done using MF cd as transport via coax to the dac's.

I can say again I was not impressed with the MF dac, little sparkle and sounded very recessed dull and didn't really listen to it after a couple of tracks, certainly not for me.

I have heard the mdac before and has great detail and good seperation, on the classical pieces you can hear texture of the strings and the presentation is very clean sounding,my view of the MDAC has not really changed and consider it to be a very good dac with good features and value for the price.

The Exposure which I think may be discontinued and I have to wonder why, it does not have quite the detail of the mdacand the seperation is not quite there either but it is very airy sounding and was a warmer presentation, this dac has a fabulous presentation and with some tunes it just rocks.
Again cutting to the usual cliches it is more musical than the mdac, less hifi more music and I just wanted to listen to more tracks on it because when it hits it stride it is a joy to listen to.

I found before very little between the MDAC and the Rega dac, the Exposure has more character and although if I had the Rega or Audiolab already the Exposure would be a sideways step but if you are looking at either of these I would search out the Exposure as it is wotrth a listen and you may well be convinced, all down to taste, I know which I would go for.
Altough not relevant for me the Exposure looks and feels like a solid bit of kit, much more so than the Audiolab and Rega dacs.

I will be going back to hear it again via usb input and hope it performs as well but also with the MF Clic which I still believe to be the best 'dac' I have heard ( still bemused by this as both the other MF dac's have been dissappointing) , then I hope to to try the Naim V1 which I can't find in stock yet.

Will try and update in a few weeks when I demo the Exposure again, will have to try and see if it is discontinued if there a new one on the horizon.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
A quick update , have just heard from Exposure that this dac is still a current model and will be so for another couple of years, there may be a 3010s2 dac but that is some way off at the moment.
Very good and helpful response from Exposure, thanks.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, A quick update , have just heard from Exposure that this dac is still a current model and will be so for another couple of years, there may be a 3010s2 dac but that is some way off at the moment. Very good and helpful response from Exposure, thanks.

So what is the 2012S2?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts