EXposure 2010S CDP

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an old MArantz 63SE CDP about 20 years old, I am considering upgrading and came across the above which seems to get some good reviews, can anyone tell me how it compares to the 63SE, I'm looking to buy a used one. Music I play is mainly jazz, classic rock, vocals and some classical, not worried about a lot of bass but top end must not be too harsh as that really shows up on some jazz recordings.

Love the CD2010S. No idea how it compares with the Marantz but the Exposure is one of my favourite sub-£1000 CDPs. prefer it to the Rega Apollo (original).

My top three:

Arcam CD73

Exposure 2010S

Arcam CD192.

IMO there's not much difference in overall SQ between the 192 and 2010. Very attacking and quite ballsy CDP.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi BigH,

Not sure about the Exposure, but have you considered the Audiolab 8200 CD, as this one gets great write ups, and shoudl suit your requirements nicely, failing that, you could also consider the Cyrus CD6 se 2, which is also well worth a listen.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
audioaffair said:
Hi BigH,

Not sure about the Exposure, but have you considered the Audiolab 8200 CD, as this one gets great write ups, and shoudl suit your requirements nicely, failing that, you could also consider the Cyrus CD6 se 2, which is also well worth a listen.

Thanks, yes I have tried the Audiolab 8200, it was OK but its too expensive and build quality did not look great.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Love the CD2010S. No idea how it compares with the Marantz but the Exposure is one of my favourite sub-£1000 CDPs. prefer it to the Rega Apollo (original).

My top three:

Arcam CD73

Exposure 2010S

Arcam CD192.

IMO there's not much difference in overall SQ between the 192 and 2010. Very attacking and quite ballsy CDP.

Thanks, I have not heard the Arcam you mention, when I bought the Marantz 63SE I did try an Arcam think it was the 5? Very disappointed with it, the timing was not right on some jazz and it sounded wooden to me. So I bought the 63SE. I had the Arcam 3 amp.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by attacking? Not sure that is what Im loking for.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
There's the Naim CD5si to consider, too. Haven't heard a direct comparison, but have heard and liked them both but think the Naim is a class above, At around £995 is a bit of a steal if you have that sort of money.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
A cracking CDP. When I was demoing my speakers last Xmas, I took my Creek amp along to the dealers (Doug Brady HiFi) and they hooked it up to a 2010S CDP. It was a very impressive combination.

At your budget, a Creek Evo 2 CDP could be another consideration. There was a mint 2nd hand one going on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for about £210/£225 which I thought was an absolute bargain for someone.

iceman16

plastic penguin said:

My top three:

Arcam CD73

Exposure 2010S

Arcam CD192.

I really like the Arcam cd192 which I owned for a few years. It's an excellent player for the price:)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Not sure about Arcam only heard the Arcam 17 recently seemed OK. I heard the Creek Evo 2 I think, sounded good but build was a bit flimsy but like the Audiolab. Other option maybe a Marantz Pearl Lite which I heard, seemed pretty good but all these demos were at different dealers so hard to compare. I also heard Musical Fid and Roksan Kandy. A dealer near me has Exposure, Naim and Rega not sure what else. But Rega are toploaders so that would not suit my set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts