Experimenting with power cables

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
jimmy1 said:
I just dont think decent quality copper cables should cost hundreds of pounds, im not having a go at anyone on here just the crazy mark-up on things that must cost a few quid to manufacture

I totally agree. Good clearly stated point

jmjones said:
At this point, I am not sure if Dave is taking the piss, or really has knowledge of spacecraft scrappage/recycling. It does make more sense to me than some of the mains cable debates on here. If you believe all you read, I’d expect the Roswell craft to have stolen earthling technology magic transformers.
As Area 51 is classified, I'm not sure how he can know that, unless he works for the CIA...

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
nick8858 said:
jimmy1 said:
I just dont think decent quality copper cables should cost hundreds of pounds, im not having a go at anyone on here just the crazy mark-up on things that must cost a few quid to manufacture

thanks man sometimes a talk sense

I totally agree. Good clearly stated point

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
jimmy1 said:
Id strip some wire out my spaceship and make a killing lol

You mean like the early Nordost Red Dawn and Blue Heaven ribbon cables that were reverse engineered from the ribbon cable in the computer systems in the Roswell spacecraft.

Not that hi-fi cables were a priority in this case, they were just a by-product of the work carried out on the computer system itself, a huge task of backwards engineering that led to the production of large scale integrated circuits and, most importantly, the Pentium processor.

Makes me want to listen to inca roads :)

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
We’ve got to work with constraints in the house/flat we have.
Have you ever thought about moving into a detached house?

Preferably one with a bit of acoustic space between the listening room and the nearest neighbour?

I'd find it highly frustrating if I had to move my system back into a flat and therefore have to be careful with the volume.

Or are you extremely lucky in having hard of hearing neighbours, or a flat with mega good sound insulation?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Im lucky as I live on the top 3rd floor end flat with my living room to the end, with external walls around my living room. My neighbour below is a journalist and is all over the place on business so is hardly ever present. When he is in, I hear his door go and turn it down. my neighbour below him can’t hear a damn thing when I’ve got it loud. I dont listen that loud but when I do I can enjoy it. -40db at present.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
You are lucky in respect of your neighbours.

How large is your listening room, by the way? Just wondering if this explains the main reason for your speaker positioning inflexibility?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

It’s long, about 13 /14 feet wide with speakers on one long wall, sofa back other long wall. Kitchen on end. It’s good enough for sound I think, plus carpets and rugs, but given quality of my system I’m more than blown away most times I listen. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts