expanding my system to include new phono stage / streamer:tuner / headphone amp

Arbconsultant

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Roksan Caspian M2 Amp and M2 CD player a NAD PP4 phono amp, a Roksan Radius record player and B&W CM 7 speakers .. I am considering getting a new phono stage because the Nad seems a little thin (budget no more than £800.00) in addition I would like to listen through my headphones occasionally (Grado) and also listen to internet radio / dab and streamed content (budget no more than £1500.00). I have looked at reviews of the Naim Unitiqute 2 which may meet my requirements but I am unsure as to whether it has the conectability (I forgot to mention I also have an old AKAI 650 Reel to Reel that sounds wonderful) In essence will the Unitiqute act as a preamp for the Roksan so I can listen to CD's through the headphone socket on the Unitiqute or will I need a headphone amp as well?

Any help would be much appreciated

The unitiqute 2 isn't actually a headphone amp...it's an all in one streamer with pre/power amp functionality and headphone socket,all be it quite a high quality one.I believe you just need a stand alone headphone amp and phono stage . I've heard good things about njc audio and they do both headphone amps phono stages and a dac.I've had a look and there stuff does look quality and also Graham slee hp amps get good reports,tom evans audio make some of the finest phono stages from the £500 microgroove to the £10000 master groove,the rega aria is also highly regarded also trichord and audiovectre make some good stuff,if you're intent on the unitiqute 2 for it's streaming and radio functions then you can hook up your cd player into it's digital inputs but you would be using the dac of the qute rather than the onboard dac of your roksan cd player,but I wouldn't worry too much about that as it is a very good onboard unit on the naim unitiqute 2.this would allow headphone listening to cd,streaming and radio broadcasts via it's headphone socket although I do believe it's only a 3.5mm socket so grado's would need an adapter to 6.5mm which would probably be a deal breaker for me.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
This phono stage is worthy of consideration. https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/phono-preamps/accession-mm-phono-preamp.html

This is what Origin Live say about it: Phenomenal phono stage that cannot be overhyped because it really is that good - comfortably outperforms many phono stages at well over 4 times the price. GSP audio may not always be flavour of the month but is a true market leader that shatters the recommendations of a seemingly endless stream of mediocre stages with great reviews.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts