Exciting new active standmount speakers

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
all the way from Oz!

They used top quality drivers, are wireless, and you can find out about them here: http://www.moosaudio.com/

Together with the Xeos, they to be a step or two ahead of the opposition.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
There is a thread about them here with comment from the manufacturer starting on page 2. They look nice and the wireless transmission idea is interesting.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Interesting quote from website:

"TESTED ON HUMANS.

The human ear is truly remarkable in its ability to perceive subtle details and fine nuances. These details and nuances often make audio systems with near identical measurements sound drastically different.

This is why there is no substitute for listening, and why the development of the Mini Aero involved hundreds of hours of listening tests. Let your ears be the judge."

daveh75

Been watching these with interest, and like the idea of wireless/seperate tx

Providing they get it right by offering enough of/the right type of connections, which is the one area that all active manufactures (aimed at the domestic market, that include DAC/pre) tend to go wrong IMO.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Price is going to be US price plus UK taxes. Cheap for what it is - one driver costs $250 alone, and the Scanspeak Revelators are about the best you can get. Then there's the box - that thread (thanks, Craig) tells you all about it.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Let your ears be the judge.

Like in a DBT you mean? ;) I doubt anyone, anywhere, has ever released a product without listening to it first.

Because they would arrive here from within the EU, I wonder if they will still be liable to import duty?

I'd be interested but my next speakers will be floorstanders.

manicm

CnoEvil said:

"TESTED ON HUMANS.

The human ear is truly remarkable in its ability to perceive subtle details and fine nuances. These details and nuances often make audio systems with near identical measurements sound drastically different.

This is why there is no substitute for listening, and why the development of the Mini Aero involved hundreds of hours of listening tests. Let your ears be the judge."

[/quote

Sorry, in the face of incontrovertible scientific evidence this simply won't wash. ;)

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Exactly right.....as (imo) measurements don't tell the whole story.

Really? I don't think you've mentioned it. ;)

While we're quoting them though, how about this one " I am still a big fan of component based systems (old habits die hard!) but a well designed active system gives better results " ? :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Craig M. said:
CnoEvil said:
Exactly right.....as (imo) measurements don't tell the whole story.

Really? I don't think you've mentioned it. ;)

While we're quoting them though, how about this one " I am still a big fan of component based systems (old habits die hard!) but a well designed active system gives better results " ? :)

Touché!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
manicm said:
CnoEvil said:

"TESTED ON HUMANS.

Sorry, in the face of incontrovertible scientific evidence this simply won't wash. ;)

:p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts