Ever worked out how much you have spent on your HiFi?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Gazzip said:
CnoEvil said:
A related question (to everybody) - if someone offered you your money back in full, would you take it? :? :twisted:

Yes. Definitely, Then I would build my system all over again!

What Joy!

I'm not surprised. There is not a lot wrong with it.....maybe some Cardas Clear instead of Nordost. :shifty:

over the years, i've probably spent far too much on Low-fi, and not enough on decent equipment.

its been over 25 years since i bought my first Sony Stack-system, paying £550 quid for that, i thought it was the dogs Doo-dah's at the time.

my first child used it as a climbing frame while i was at work, and it was dead not long after she learned to post food into the cassette decks.

wisely i gave hifi a miss for a few years till the little ****** grew up, then sold my car to buy a Aiwa 5.0 surround system, which was trully the most plasticcy-awful thing i have ever bought in my life. it lasted 2 days before i took it back to currys and swapped it for a Technics midi system, which i really enjoyed for a few years. i thought (naively) that, it was as good as it got........ then, i went to a friends house, and heard my first taste of decent hifi. Kef speakers and an arcam cd player, playing through a Harmon Kardon amp. wow...i was blown away.

since then, i have slowly plodded my way through some decent second hand stuff, mostly arcam, and a set of Mission M35i speakers. till i got to my current system.

Leema Pulse (used) £425

Rega Apollo (used) £180

Focal Chorus 826v £950 New (and worth every penny)

plus assorted cables. This is currently the best my music has ever sounded. well under 2k, I wonder how much that original sony system would cost now?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Yes I would. Then I'd buy the Devialet 170... correction 200. :)

Well, it'd be dead interesting to compare your system to a Devialet. Yours is one of the systems on the forum that most piques my interest. Last year in my amp-hunting days I had my eye on Tom Evans kit, but I never got round to demoing any. Totally different approaches and technologies, of course. And the comparison would be all the more fascinating for that.

:grin:

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Gazzip said:
CnoEvil said:
A related question (to everybody) - if someone offered you your money back in full, would you take it? :? :twisted:

Yes. Definitely, Then I would build my system all over again!

What Joy!

I'm not surprised. There is not a lot wrong with it.....maybe some Cardas Clear instead of Nordost. :shifty:

Hmmmmm..... That sounds cheap. I only need a 9m XLR for pre to power and a 1.5m XLR from DAC to pre. :doh:

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Gazzip said:
Hmmmmm..... That sounds cheap. I only need a 9m XLR for pre to power and a 1.5m XLR from DAC to pre. :doh:

You better make it Clear Light then. :grin:

Gonna have to stick with the Nordost for a while I think, what with me having placed my order for a pair of MB2SE's last week. :rockout:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Gazzip said:
CnoEvil said:
Gazzip said:

You better make it Clear Light then. :grin:

Gonna have to stick with the Nordost for a while I think, what with me having placed my order for a pair of MB2SE's last week. :rockout:

You are perfectly right....I was only trying to cause trouble. :shifty:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts