EuroSport HD................wow!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Have been impressed with EuroSport HD for some time, especially when they broadcast in their "Native" transmission, up until now that has been mostly around the ATP tour and such, and has always been very very good.Tonight however was African Nations Cup, what a lesson for the likes of BBC, ITV and the like (even Sky to a greater or lesser extent).

I though the picture quality was spot on, was flicking between this and ITV HD for the Liverpool Reading match, chalk and cheese, definition on EuroSport streets ahead, even the OH said that EuroSport seemed more 3 dimensional (!!!!), I was impressed.

Hats off to Eurosport HD, keep up the transmissions in Native, they are brilliant.

Be interested to know whether Native is 720p or 1080i, as I keep my Sky HD on 1080i output

A

Anonymous

Yeah but what about all the onscreen rubbish, you can hardly see the action, ÿthe logo is HUGE, then it morphs into a logo for the CONCAF CUP!! then morphs back, right below it, it has the words ÿafrican nations cup PERMANENTLY on the screen.!! ÿThen in the corner it states native HD! ÿWho cares??. ÿIt may be a good picture but totally unwatchable. ÿ Total and utter tash obsessed with gimmicks. I bet no one watches that channel for very long.

One big joke just like the football. ÿI am sooooo glad they dont have the world cup.

abbey

ps 1 ÿand it omits the most basic onsceen graphic ÿie show the team colours, like ITV, BBC, SKYÿ

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ABBEY:Yeah but what about all the onscreen rubbish, you can hardly see the action, the logo is HUGE, then it morphs into a logo for the CONCAF CUP!! then morphs back, right below it, it has the words african nations cup PERMANENTLY on the screen.!!

I'm guessing they'll only be doing that whilst the African Cup of Nations is actually on...

Then in the corner it states native HD! Who cares??. It may be a good picture but totally unwatchable. Total and utter tash obsessed with gimmicks. I bet no one watches that channel for very long.

I do. What do I win? I think you might be over-reacting a little. Yes there's a few DOGs but personally I like seeing the Native HD one on there (it isn't there all the time incidentally) at least then you know you're not watching something that's been upscaled.

One big joke just like the football. I am sooooo glad they dont have the world cup.

And people say I'M angry...

I watched all the Athletics World champs on Eurosport, the picture was noticably better than the same feed on BBCHD.

A

Anonymous

I agree about the on screen rubbish that's on Eurosport HD, it's not just on football, ive noticed it on Tennis and other sports, not as bad as the African Cup of Nations football but still more than any other sport channel, it does distract me while im viewing to be honest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts