Essential III vs Debut Carbon (om10 / 2M-red)

vita

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Hello all,

I am in the market for a turntable as my super-budget turntable is not functioning anymore.
I did a fare share of research and i narrowed down to the following models from Pro-ject.

Essential III 290euro
Debut Carbon (om10) 320euros
Debut Carbon (2M-red) 360euros
-that is the Debut Carbon with the om10 but the shop will swap the om10 for the 2M-red

I am looking for some further input to which turntable should i purchase. As you can see the overall price difference is around 70euros if i jump from the Essentials III to the Debut Carbon with the swaped om10 to 2M-red

I am not an audiophile or anything like, I am more of a casual listener who appreciates good sound and nice music. I am not looking into buying a phone stage since i have an integrated phono stage to my Rotel-RA12 that drives a pair of B&W DM603 s3.

Looking forward for your input and suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
V

vita said:

Hello all,

I am in the market for a turntable as my super-budget turntable is not functioning anymore.I did a fare share of research and i narrowed down to the following models from Pro-ject.

Essential III 290euroDebut Carbon (om10) 320eurosDebut Carbon (2M-red) 360euros-that is the Debut Carbon with the om10 but the shop will swap the om10 for the 2M-red

I am looking for some further input to which turntable should i purchase. As you can see the overall price difference is around 70euros if i jump from the Essentials III to the Debut Carbon with the swaped om10 to 2M-red

I am not an audiophile or anything like, I am more of a casual listener who appreciates good sound and nice music. I am not looking into buying a phone stage since i have an integrated phono stage to my Rotel-RA12 that drives a pair of B&W DM603 s3.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,V

Welcome,

You mention a shop so I assume you are not buying over the internet which is good. My suggestion is to get shop to let you audition the Essentials 3 and if that is good enough for your casual listening then it would seem pointless in spending any more.

vita

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
vita said:

Hello all,

I am in the market for a turntable as my super-budget turntable is not functioning anymore.I did a fare share of research and i narrowed down to the following models from Pro-ject.

Essential III 290euroDebut Carbon (om10) 320eurosDebut Carbon (2M-red) 360euros-that is the Debut Carbon with the om10 but the shop will swap the om10 for the 2M-red

Thank you in advance.

Regards,V

Welcome,

You mention a shop so I assume you are not buying over the internet which is good. My suggestion is to get shop to let you audition the Essentials 3 and if that is good enough for your casual listening then it would seem pointless in spending any more.

Thank for the reply.

I went for a demo today and to be honest it was good :) The turntable was connected to a basic setup nothing special in terms of amp and speakers a total of 400euro-500euro hifi and the sound was good to my ears. I was expecting a bit more expessive sound. i dont know how to descriebe it. More detailed sound i think. I dont know if that has to bo with the hifi or with the turntable.

Unfortunately i did not had the chance to listen to the Debut Carbon with the 2M-red.
Over all i can say that it left me with a very good impression but any further input is more than welcome :)

Thanks

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Essential III is a great starting point, as is the 2M Red.

You're left with good updrade paths as you start to listen and enjoy your records e.g. Acrylic-It platter, 2M Blue.

vita

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply brownz.

I will think about it during the weekend and go sometime next week to pick one. Most likley i will go fot the essential III. I think the one that they have in stock is not the Debut Carbon DC model but the Debut Carbon with out the DC power suply. The one that has kind of mixed review due to its power supply.

thanks again for the input

TRENDING THREADS