esoteric grandioso k1x

• Thread starter Deleted member 188516
  • Start date
the esoteric grandioso k1x...

it weighs 35 kilos...

it costs £36,000...

and some say cd is dead !

Available preowned for £12k, or perhaps that's the original K01x, and that was 20k new
..... £38,700 for the gold version :cool:

D

Deleted member 188516

Available preowned for £12k, or perhaps that's the original K01x, and that was 20k new
..... £38,700 for the gold version :cool:

i think that may be the k01x but staggering prices all the same.

would love to hear one though hooked up to a pair of (atc ?) active speakers and then compare the difference to a cheaper "entry level" cd player...

Jimboo

must be billions of CDs still in use
Yes I would imagine so. I guess there is life in the format yet.
Although the current generation I believe will for the most part abandon a physical format ( I hope not) .
My feeling comes from the fact that I still buy records and it is notable that the high prices of many albums correspond with records released during the 'youth years' of middle -aged buyers. There are exceptions naturally.
Hard to see the hi fi industry as we know it continuing making products such as the esoteric in the future.

tsaoandy

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
the esoteric grandioso k1x...

it weighs 35 kilos...

it costs £36,000...

and some say cd is dead !

I think audiophile mentality in Japan is quite unique, yes, download obviously is the mainstream in the world today, however there is that satisfactory feeling about owning a physical item like vinyl and CD etc, just imagine everything becomes digitalised in the future, what do we need the furniture for other than sitting in the lounge?
I have owned Esoteric SA50 CD/SACD for over 10 years, it has never failed, built like a tank, in fact I personally feel the DAC in Esoteric sounds more musical than the DAC my new Moon 240i integrated, than again, it's very hard to describe musical as a personal perception.
K1X seems like a monster though.
Andy

D

Deleted member 188516

I think audiophile mentality in Japan is quite unique, yes, download obviously is the mainstream in the world today, however there is that satisfactory feeling about owning a physical item like vinyl and CD etc, just imagine everything becomes digitalised in the future, what do we need the furniture for other than sitting in the lounge?
I have owned Esoteric SA50 CD/SACD for over 10 years, it has never failed, built like a tank, in fact I personally feel the DAC in Esoteric sounds more musical than the DAC my new Moon 240i integrated, than again, it's very hard to describe musical as a personal perception.
K1X seems like a monster though.
Andy

i have never downloaded anything and only buy cds. the esoteric products look and, i bet, sound as good as it gets but at that price they should !

D

Deleted member 188516

Vilvadi 4 box biased as a Bartok owner

dcs bartok, 10K, lucky you !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts