EQUALIZER TO BE OR NOT TO BE ????????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i over heard a comment the other day were this guy said to his mate, i have equalizer turned off period. and was just wonderind what you fine people do ?????????????

thanks

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Careful... mentioning the "E word" on some audiophile forums is enough to get you taken out the back and strung up with the ritual Nordost Valhalla "cable of retribution" for even mentioning the unmentionable...

A

Anonymous

eternaloptimist:Careful... mentioning the "E word" on some audiophile forums is enough to get you taken out the back and strung up with the ritual Nordost Valhalla "cable of retribution" for even mentioning the unmentionable...

yeah but not on this one.. right...... because that would be rude

A

Anonymous

equaliser put the audio signal into more components, more signal path thus exposing the audio signal to many alterations and reducing its purity.

at home, i was using mainly mini compo to listen to my music before i move to separates (source - amp - speakers). After the move, obviously more clarity in the music. Yes i spent more $ than the old mini compo but even with the newer version of mini compo, the sound from mini is compressed.

at office, i bought another mini a year ago. If i play the music with "jazz", or "rock" the sound is compressed. The "flat" mode yields the best result.

in my opinion, a good CD is engineered by good music engineer and does not need to be tweaked by the equaliser. Unless you crave for the overwhelming bass or overdosed treble (thus changing the overall tonal balance), i dont think you need an equaliser.

regards,

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
newtohifijkt:

equaliser put the audio signal into more components, more signal path thus exposing the audio signal to many alterations and reducing its purity.

You say that and I'd probably agree but have you ever seen a Krell or Levinson Pre-Amp with the lid off?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts