Epos, Monitor Audio or Rega?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do I buy the Epos M22's for £599, new, the Monitor Audio GR20's for £550, second hand or the Rega R5's for £330, second hand? My system is the Alchemist Nexus CD (can't bring myself to part with it just yet, if ever), Creek 5350SE amp, Van Den Hul D102 mkII interconnects & Kimber 8PR cables.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Bboma"]
Do I buy the Epos M22's for £599, new, the Monitor Audio GR20's for £550, second hand or the Rega R5's for £330, second hand? My system is the Alchemist Nexus CD (can't bring myself to part with it just yet, if ever), Creek 5350SE amp, Van Den Hul D102 mkII interconnects & Kimber 8PR cables.

[/quote]

While I am not familiar with the other speakers, I'm telling you the GR20's kick serious butt. But they are fairly big and need a fairly big room for their full potential. 550 quid is less than what I paid for them second hand, but if you live in the Burnley area..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110236074559&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Then that might interest you...

A

Anonymous

Seeing as no one actually gave me any advice whatsoever, I went for the Monitor Audio GR20's but got them for only £460. What a bargain, didn't realize just how good my other components sounded & now I get that, 'the speakers seem to disappear' comment I've read in reviews. These speakers are stunning, you should rally all get a pair if you get the chance, especially given the price they're available for now.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Bboma"]These speakers are stunning, you should rally all get a pair if you get the chance, especially given the price they're available for now.[/quote]

emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Bboma"]Seeing as no one actually gave me any advice whatsoever, I went for the Monitor Audio GR20's but got them for only £460. What a bargain, didn't realize just how good my other components sounded & now I get that, 'the speakers seem to disappear' comment I've read in reviews. These speakers are stunning, you should rally all get a pair if you get the chance, especially given the price they're available for now.[/quote]

Yup, I knew you'd find the GR20's rewarding;)

Looking up your amp though, it is perhaps slightly underpowered for those speakers though. Don't get me wrong, if it aint broke then don't fix it. Perhaps for your next upgrade though, consider a phat power amplifier to go with it. Perhaps a pair of audiolab 8000P's;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Bboma"]Seeing as no one actually gave me any advice whatsoever[/quote]

?

???

Would anyone care to give this gentleman some advice? Drummerman maybe?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts