hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
What are your thoughts and experiences with the Dali epicon 2 speakers.

time to upgrade my speakers. Initially i was thinking of getting a different amp but having discussed with the members here and couple of dealers: speakers upgrade seems a more sensible thing to do.

audio emotion is doing a special offer on the Epicon range which seems quits reasonable.

so I need all your advice and opinion.

thanks in advance

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
6s being delivered Wednesday and will report back. The 20% off deal was hard to resist. It’s a Dali offer so all dealers should comply. I haven’t heard Epicons but as a Rubicon, opticon and Ikon 6 owner, know what to expect. I’m on the extremely vulnerable list, so auditioning anything is not possible. There is also an excellent SF offer on, but decided to stick with what I know

Reactions: Al ears

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
6s being delivered Wednesday and will report back. The 20% off deal was hard to resist. It’s a Dali offer so all dealers should comply. I haven’t heard Epicons but as a Rubicon, opticon and Ikon 6 owner, know what to expect. I’m on the extremely vulnerable list, so auditioning anything is not possible. There is also an excellent SF offer on, but decided to stick with what I know

i looked at the SF offer too. Have you ever had opportunity to listen to any of the BW speakers?
How would you compare the sound?

thanks

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
I had 602/601s3s in a 7.1 av set up a while back and later auditioned some B&W floor standers but preferred the Dali Ikon 6s. Have had no experience of current models. Owned MA Studio 20se s for about 20 years. Last upgrade auditioned pmc 25/24 and spendor D7 s which I preferred, but Rubicon 6 s tweeters won that contest. A bit of a Dali fanboy Hence bought Epicons unheard. a slight risk and will report initial impressions.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I had 602/601s3s in a 7.1 av set up a while back and later auditioned some B&W floor standers but preferred the Dali Ikon 6s. Have had no experience of current models. Owned MA Studio 20se s for about 20 years. Last upgrade auditioned pmc 25/24 and spendor D7 s which I preferred, but Rubicon 6 s tweeters won that contest. A bit of a Dali fanboy Hence bought Epicons unheard. a slight risk and will report initial impressions.
Thanks for your reply.
Look forward to your on Wednesday.
Which dealer did you go with btw?

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Nintronics. Bought the Luxman from them at the end of lockdown 1. Once again, very happy with price, trade in, personal delivery and instillation. Excellent service.

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Nintronics delivered as promised, moved the Rubicons to front my AV, opticions gone to a new home. Beautiful to behold, came with bolt on plinth with spikes. Rubicons set the bar fairly high but even out of the box, these are on another level. Listened for four straight hours - SACDs, full MQA tidal and even up sampled FLAC Radio Paradise, just joyous. Will try to find some flowery descriptions for a more detailed review.

Hi all,

time to upgrade my speakers. Initially i was thinking of getting a different amp but having discussed with the members here and couple of dealers: speakers upgrade seems a more sensible thing to do.

audio emotion is doing a special offer on the Epicon range which seems quits reasonable.

thanks in advance
I'd be interested to read how the Epicons sound. I was pondering the notion of Rubicon 2 for my Pulse.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Nintronics delivered as promised, moved the Rubicons to front my AV, opticions gone to a new home. Beautiful to behold, came with bolt on plinth with spikes. Rubicons set the bar fairly high but even out of the box, these are on another level. Listened for four straight hours - SACDs, full MQA tidal and even up sampled FLAC Radio Paradise, just joyous. Will try to find some flowery descriptions for a more detailed review.

congratulations on your new purchase,

look forward to the full review.

many thanks
Anish

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Anish/PP,
never envisaged spending so much, but being isolated since March has changed my perspective. Racking up the hours, but the quoted 100 some way off, so will review then. After multi hour sessions, no fatigue or any hint of harshness despite the amazing hf detail and definition. Depth and width of soundstage, superb vocals, timbre of cellos, harmonics of a splash cymbal, deep defined bass, just cannot find a thing negative. 50 year old recordings now available in. MQA 24/96 or 192 of Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, cat stevens and Nick drake are just beautiful and makes you wonder why so many modern recordings are a digital mush. One that isn’t is Dane, Agnes Obel. Her accompanying cellist and violin are in the room realistic. Had a rock session of Deep purple, pink floyd, who and dire straights and the power and definition in the bass is all there. Why worry, BIA SACD is a great track for soundstage depth and width. In all, the epicon 2s with current deal definitely worth an audition. I can’t say the the DALIs are better than xxx brand, but they are not used by Luxman in shows for nothing, IMHO

Reactions: Gray and Al ears
Thanks Anish/PP,
never envisaged spending so much, but being isolated since March has changed my perspective. Racking up the hours, but the quoted 100 some way off, so will review then. After multi hour sessions, no fatigue or any hint of harshness despite the amazing hf detail and definition. Depth and width of soundstage, superb vocals, timbre of cellos, harmonics of a splash cymbal, deep defined bass, just cannot find a thing negative. 50 year old recordings now available in. MQA 24/96 or 192 of Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, cat stevens and Nick drake are just beautiful and makes you wonder why so many modern recordings are a digital mush. One that isn’t is Dane, Agnes Obel. Her accompanying cellist and violin are in the room realistic. Had a rock session of Deep purple, pink floyd, who and dire straights and the power and definition in the bass is all there. Why worry, BIA SACD is a great track for soundstage depth and width. In all, the epicon 2s with current deal definitely worth an audition. I can’t say the the DALIs are better than xxx brand, but they are not used by Luxman in shows for nothing, IMHO
Congrats on the speakers. Obviously it's a brand you really like.
I have been tempted by the Rubicon 2... heard them in Richer Sounds a while back, and did hear the Ikon 2 at a hi-fi show. Alas that's my only experience of Dali. And, of course, my amp doesn't compare to your Luxman

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi PP,
When I was previously on this forum, I had Marantz SA&PM 8005 with some Dynaudio standmounts. - switching to DALI floorstanders there was synergy to my ears. I’ve stayed with Marantz, Denon and Luxman amps and the synergy remains intact, at least to my ears. Good luck with a Rubicon audition.

Last edited:
Reactions: plastic penguin

Richard260

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

thanks in advance
I bought a pair of epicon 2 dalis and all i can say is they are wonderful sounding speakers very very smooth great detail nice bass theres nothing bad about them at all

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts