Entry Level : Does this make sense ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I'm a novice and want to build a home hi-fi system - so i'm looking for some advice. I'm a long way from being an afficionado and so i'm looking for a plug-and-play type set-up. In my price range, and after reading some reviews and forums, i've decided to go for the following :

Turntable : Clearaudio Concept

Amp : Roksan Kandy K2

Speakers : ATC SCM11

What are your thoughts on this combo ? Are the components all compatible and suitable together ?

Will the Amp be powerful enough for the speakers ?

Also, I am relocating to HK (and then Australia) from the UK soon and so will i have issues with different voltages ?

Finally, when reading some articles, I see references to 'buying cable'. I dont really know what this means as i'd assume that you get the appropriate cable and connections when you buy the product ??

Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Ha ! Thanks very much for all the help ! I guess this aint a site for amateurs. I'll go somewhere else.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Don't give up.

It is not unknown for the occasional post to 'fall though the net' and go unnoticed.

Maybe April 23rd was a quiet evening on here, with few people feeling able to answer your query. (Maybe there were a couple of 'lively' threads going on at the same time and everyone was distracted.)

99 percent of us here are 'amateurs'. Only a few members are part of the industry.

It's not personal or any reflection on you or your post.

Welcome to the forum.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tredenjen said:
Also, I am relocating to HK (and then Australia) from the UK soon and so will i have issues with different voltages ?

Hong Kong has 220V/50Hz supply and 'Type G' (UK standard 3 pin) sockets in most places.

Australia is 240V/50Hz (some sites state 230V/50Hz) and have 'Type I' 3-pin socket/plugs...

type_i_large.jpg

A

Anonymous

Have you tried the above combination out with records that you heard before? Did you like it? I know this is flipping the question you asked but at the end of the day it is about what you like. Your turntable isn't really an entry level turntable so you could get better sound out of it using a dedicated phono stage. Having said this, go and listen to it in the hifi shop you want to buy it from and try it with and without the phono stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts