Entry level Amplifier

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone I am new to this so please bare with me. What im looking for is a recommendation on an integrated amplifier around $500?

This is what the rest of the system is looking like right now (This is my first one so any tips would be great)

Speakers: Klipsch R-51M and the R-120SW Sub
DAC: Shiit Modi 3
TT: U Turn Orbit Plus
Chromebook

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
You probably need to give a bit more detail to help get a response:

- US dollars?

- Your turntable looks like it is sold with and without a built in phono pre-amp. Does yours have one?

- Are you using any kind of amp now (or have you literally got the kit but nothing to amplify it)? If so what do you want to improve?

- Or are you planning to buy the kit mentioned above, you just haven’t decided on the amp? The obvious suggestion would be to go to a dealer who sells the speakers and ask them to recommend and demonstrate some pairings for you.

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Yes USD

I have no equipment right now so I'm ordering everything

I just already picked out the turn-table, which does not have a preamp, the DAC, and the speakers I want.

I've been trying to go to stores to look at some equipment but everyone in my area has it all packed up due to COVID so you can't listen to anything

rainsoothe

Yes USD

I have no equipment right now so I'm ordering everything

I just already picked out the turn-table, which does not have a preamp, the DAC, and the speakers I want.

I've been trying to go to stores to look at some equipment but everyone in my area has it all packed up due to COVID so you can't listen to anything
Rega Io should be a great contender - no subwoofer out, though - but this could be circumvented by getting a speaker with good bass, like Triangle BR03. The Io also has a phono pre.

Reactions: Meridian man

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site

As you are buying everything new for the first time, it might be worth waiting until you can hear what it sounds like otherwise you might end up with something you don’t like.

Denon, NAD and Yamaha all seem to have amps within your price range that have phono preamps and subwoofer outs. They’re probably all decent but it’s difficult to say how they’ll match your speakers.

Like others I would suggest that, unless your are listening in a big room you shouldn't need a subwoofer with those speakers.
I would also suggest that if you cannot audition you don't buy. Difficult in these circumstances I know but get the kit wrong now could prove costly in the future when you realise the sound isn't to your liking.
If you cannot wait then the best you can do is buy something that should be easy to sell on if you don't like the resultant sound.
The Rega amp mentioned is one item that should be easy to move on.

He said Rega is quite expensive there, so I would really suggest something like the Marantz PM6006.
And we have no idea what price they might be over there, but true.
This emphasises the difference that can be encountered when dealing with questions such as this. What's a bargain and possibly no-brainer in one part of the world may not be in others.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd go 2nd hand and buy Nad as they tend to be a good matchwith quite a range of speakers in my experience something like the C320BEE. If buying new I'd get the newer Nad D3020 which has the built in phono

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts