Endless log in issues.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is posted in wrong section. I couldn't find any link to moderator or forum admin.

I can never log in, even with correct password and constanly have to request a temporary one off password to post on the forum. I then reset password with no lasting effect. My thumbnail image refuses to delete and I'm unable to update this. All in all, minor hassles I know but still ruining my enjoyment of the site. Any pointers, tips to correct this would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

John Duncan

OK few questions:

- you do log in with your user name as opposed to email address?

- what browser are you using?

- do you use private browsing/incognito/etc or clear browser cache after exiting?

- do you accept cookies?

- did you do anything special when you logged in just now?

As for the avatar - give it a while, the images are hosted offsite on a content delivery network, and the expiry of the images is set to a long time so won't appear for anything up to a few days, often.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, the site does tend to slow down when you're logged in (happens to us too), but we did do a lot of rectification work earlier in the year to improve this. It is generally better than it was, though I know it's not perfect.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh how silly do I feel now?! :doh: It appears that my user name input section auto-filled with my email address. I've since updated this to my user name proper and hey presto instant access to the site was achieved! Many thanks for the prompt replies.

John Duncan

luckylion100 said:
Oh how silly do I feel now?! :doh: It appears that my user name input section auto-filled with my email address. I've since updated this to my user name proper and hey presto instant access to the site was achieved! Many thanks for the prompt replies.

Cool. Email address used to be the normal method of sign-in but it was changed quite a while ago. Glad you're in now though.

EDIT - for some reason this thread has suddenly become a magnet for spammers, so have had to lock it, hope you're all sorted now...:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts