denon dnp-f109 technical issues (and nothing on Denon website AT ALL)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just purchased the Denon f-109 series receiver and network player after taking a look at all the specs and deciding it was able to do what I wanted it to for the right price. Got them on Friday: the receiver works great and as expected, but the network player worked for about 1 hour before I ran into issues with it. Hoping someone here can give me some pointers but also want to send out a message regarding my impressions of the product and its support by Denon online.

Basically,without me prompting the network player tried to do an Update (firmware? softtware? not entirely clear) and has locked itself midway through the process and doesn't function AT ALL any more. The message on the screen says:

7min 00%

System

I can only assume its trying to access a server and isn't having any luck with it, but there are no instructions to reboot or reset the device either in the manual or online, and no one anywhere seems to have any experience with this product. In fact, my big gripe at the moment is that there is virtually NO info on the Denon website about this product at all, which is definitely frustrating to say the least. All info I can find relates to devices much older and doesn't do a thing to help with this issue.

Just to answer the obvious, I set up the unit to work on a Wired LAN connection and there is no password for this connection at all. I did have a password on the wifi in my network but even after thinking that maybe the unit is trying to log on using wifi and removing the security key for it, I haven't been able to cycle the 'Update' yet. The only way to repeat this process is to unplug the unit and it starts at the top again at 13minutes, goes through a portion of the 'Update' then hangs up. Can't get anywhere else with it and its just a piece of useless and expensive plastic at the moment.

The unit worked great for the 1 hour it did function, and I would really love to say that I got it to do whatever updates it was trying to and then got it back up and running then have it work flawlessly for the next 10 years. Maybe this will happen, but what I do feel strongly about is the lack of basic info about this unit and the rubbish troubleshooting info in the manual or online. That to me is worthy of some warning to others out there considering purchasing this product at the moment.

Calling Customer Support first thing tomorrow, but all ears if someone has some thoughts or suggestions in the meantime.

many thanks

JakBurn

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi protourman,

Try a reset on page 34 of this manual:

http://www.denon.co.uk/DocumentMaster/UK/DNP-F109E2_ENG_CD-ROM_v00.pdf

hth

Jason

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I did try that 15 times ove the weekend... nada, zip, same result - basically the unit doens't even acknowledge I did it. What I am looking for is something other than this which will reset the unit to fatory default.

thanks

mibo

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
hi protourman, did you manage to solve this problem? Please tell me how! I have exactly the same problem right now. Reset is not working, the display keeps showing updating system 13 min.

dadi

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
hi

i have got exactly the same problem fron three hours... :(

it is my birthday present :)

How can help us ?

Dave from france

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts