End of Oasis, wooopieeeee!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
They had a couple of brilliant albums followed by just occasional hints of how good they were , Saw them in 96 at Ingliston they were excellent. Maybe can't say for definiate but the split might produce some good solo material and no doubt will play together again even if it's only to please their maw.

Anyone told them it's been done before aka Dave & Ray Davies?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Andy Madden:Now now... Admittedly there most recent albums haven't been great (although there have been some great individual songs), Definitely Maybe and What's the Story were awesome albums packed with great tunes and the band has made some some extremely fine B Sides. Even the most blinkered anti-Oasis fan has to admit that. Or perhaps not...

Er..not. The arrogance, that nasally whining excuse for singing, the lumpen, boring instrumentation. Not one single redeeming factor.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Andy Madden:Blur fan by any chance? C'mon, isn't it about tiiiiiiiiiiime we gave the guys a bit of credit...

Can't stand Blur either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oOV4-aiTF0

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:

Andy Madden:C'mon, isn't it about tiiiiiiiiiiime we gave the guys a bit of credit...

NO.

All this coming from a chelsea Fan

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andy Madden:isn't it about tiiiiiiiiiiime we gave the guys a bit of credit...

No, theres no obligation to give a band any credit just because a certain amount of time has passed.

Did quite like the importance of being idle and the video tho. And the title appealed, obviously.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Yup - dreadful old drivel. Good riddance. I expect we'll have to put up with even more awful solo 'careers' now...

How some music 'commentators' could compare them to the Beatles is quite beyond me.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
roger06: How some music 'commentators' could compare them to the Beatles is quite beyond me.

Because most of their drivel sounded like they had riped off Beatles rifts.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
al7478:roger06:

How some music 'commentators' could compare them to the Beatles is quite beyond me.

Its because the beatles were pants too.
I believe it is customary to given an indiation when making statements like this that they are meant to be a joke (a smiley perhaps?) otherwise people may think you meant it seriously

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:Not sure if al7478 was being serious or flipant there, but I can't stand the Beatles either, just not my cup of tea.I don't listen to Mozart, but I don't think he is "pants".

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
hammill:I don't listen to Mozart, but I don't think he is "pants".

I'm sure some people do though (not including myself in that statement). If you're referring to the fact that people who dislike the music of Mozart and The Beatles should not comment on them being "pants" due to their historical significance in music history, I would argue the same could be said for Oasis - they were instrumental in the Britpop phase of music which, whilst probably not considered historically significant as yet, may well be regarded so in the future.

A

Anonymous

Pants, pants, pants. Not only are they arrogant, obnoxious and just 'orrible nasties, they've got about as much talent as Jordan. And at least you can stand to look at her for more than a few seconds. Just. Yes they can, occasionally, spew out something with a 'catchy tune' but that doesn't make them good. In fact it makes me hate them more! As for their lyrics, they seem to just get someone to give them a load of words which loosely rhyme and put them together to suit their 'tune'. Does anyone genuinely know what the hell any of their songs actually mean? Nonsensical drivel!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts