End of Days Blu Ray

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just bought the above film.Its a import but multi region or region 0

I have tried the film on both my SONY Blu Ray's ,will not work.The display shows it paused

Placed the film in my PS4,and it works.

Both Sony's are up-to-date

Any ideas please?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like a compatibility issue. The disc obviously works but it's not compatible with your Sony players.

Though on blu-ray.com the listing states Region Free, the fact it was likely authored in the US, it's a 2008 disc. how old are your sony player?

Obviously the PS4 is new but any compatability testing done on the disc would have been done on only a handfull of players as there was only 4 or 5 players available back then and Sony wasn't one of them.

You may have to contact sony and send them a disc so they can issue a firmware upgrade so the disc will play or you can wait for the UK release as it's more likely to be authored in the UK too.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Is one or both of them a 370 ? I don't think an update has been done for a while. I lent my dad Maleficent and it refused to go past chapter 13. Updated (as never done in 5 years), also did a reset, but still wouldn't have it.

It works fine on my 570 which is a different firmware.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

The 790 was bought last year ,the 7200 a few months ago. So they are new models.

the sony blu Rays ,don't refuse to play the disc,and no message appears stating the disc is the wrong region. The disc just pauses,pause shows on the display .

I have updated the firmware on both machines,it must be that the disc was produced in 2008 . I will try in another make .

should a blu Ray player,notify you that the region is not supported ?

thanks

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi there

Yes all bluray players should display a message when you try to play a different region disc in a player that hasn't been modified for all regions.

Hope this helps

*music2*

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
near dark said:
I have updated the firmware on both machines,it must be that the disc was produced in 2008 . I will try in another make .

Hi near dark. Seeing as they are very new players and the end of days disc is an old spec BD. I think the only way round it is to contact sony and let them know you have a region free disc that will only play so much then pause in the 2 players you have.

Hopefully they will ask you to send them the disc (if they don't or can't get a copy). They'll take an image from it and work round the problem to get it to play all the way through. They should then send out an new firmware correcting the issue.

It maybe that those players don't like the old spec BDs. See if you have any others from around then. Films like Cars, Pearl Habour, Underworld, National Treasure and so on. The US started authoring BDs a year or so before the UK and Europe and then as I said they would have only had 3 or 4 players to test them on. The spec has changed some what since the early days.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts