Elfidelity AXF - 100 Ultra

Dom

​I am using the AXF - 100 Ultra USB power supply. Plugging it in is self explanatory, one data cable goes into the spare USB pins, the power cable goes directly into the PSU. There's no power cable supplied, I do have a spare one though. There are lights to indicate its on.

Sound quality: The first thing I noticed are the vocals float in the air, music seems lifted in space and generally sounds high quality. I have been listening for hours. There's not much more to be said, I am enjoying it and for £28.49 its staying in.

elfidelity-axf-100-internal-usb-power-filter-for-pc.jpg

Dom

After listenening to it for many hours today I came to the conclusion that while it does improve sound its a little crisp. Not that bad but noticable. But never fear ferrite beads to the rescue. So I have 4 TDK USB beads, what I did not know is there directional, I now have two facing back followed by to facing forward at the back of the cable. It has cured the top end nicely.

xyriut

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I received one of these last week. Not only did it cure a high frequency ringing sound I was getting from my DAC, but the overall sound improved. It seems as if the soudstage got slightly narrower, but better defined, with improved instrument timbre. Hopefully it's not just psychoacoustic, but either way, I'm pleased with it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts