Dynaudio XEO3, AVI ADM9T(2) or other actives?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Just had a listen to both Dynaudio models, and they're really rather good. They're tighter and more positive than Dynaudio's passive models (but that was to be expected), and given that the active ones are only about £400 more than the passive Excites, puts them in a good position. Nice and open, clear, precise, punchy, and not heavy or overblown in the bass. I was listening without the port bungs, so can be tightened up further. Nice, simple set up too.

smiley-laughing.gif
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing your thoughts so quickly.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I wounder how the £1365 Dynaudio XEO3 would compare to the £1210 Dynaudio BM6A and TC Electronics DAC combo? The BM6A's have a larger woofer with an extra 50watts of power... :?

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/dynaudio-bm-6a-mk2-and-tc-bmc-2--72080

http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/store/recording-47/monitors-472/dynaudio-bm6a-mk2-active-studio-monitors-pair-tc-electronic-bmc-2-46434

The prices differences between the UK and US are pretty interesting. My Benchmark DAC1 + the Dynaudio BM6A MKii is exactly the same price as the XEO 3. Sad I wouldn't get to do such a comparison. I'll pretty much have to buy one or the other.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Overdose said:
That DAC is fugly, even by pro audio standards. :O

Most pro audio gear is that fugly for some reason. It's a shame because a lot of it sounds fantastic and offers better value for money than the majority of hifi seperates. It's a shame it looks so hideous though.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I guess the fact that pro gear is fugly is the reason it's good value. Cheap but durable casework is the priority for pro gear, whereas hi-fi usually looks acceptable enough to put in your living room, albeit with a few notable exceptions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts