Dynaudio Xeo 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
GustavAP said:
avole said:
I've given the Xeo2s extensive demos on a number of occasions, and they are really good value for the money. They're also one of the few soi-disant "wireless" speakers that actually only have 2 wires, the power cords, rather than the normal minimum which is 2 plus the master/slave cable.

The Bluetooth implementation is spot on. I auditioned them using my iphone as a source - instant connection and excellent quality.

If I would go for the Xeo 2 I would probably end up using them over bluetooth for music at times based on mere lazyness, but as I will have to wire them from TV and phono-stage anyway I will also hook it up to my streamer, so for me it would still be some cable job to be done, although get rid of the quite eastetically pleasing, but HUGH Primare amp.

If you add the Dynaudio 'Connect' to the system you can connect all your sources, streamer, TV, vinyl to the 'Connect' and stream wirelessly to the speakers. The 'Connect' also takes over volume and pre-amp duties.

Mains only required to the speakers...*good*

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
lpv said:
I've changed my mind and bought AVI DM5 instead ( put them on heavy stands + 3M dual lock tape) however I've heard Xeo2 and can recommend them a lot - for what they offer + option to mount them on the wall they are great choice and good value.

Did the DM10's go back (due to the colouration issue) and never return?
what I desribed above was earlier this year, I bought DM5s first and then DM10s.. now 10s are sent back to TimberWorx for evaluation and Martin sent me 5s so I can enjoy the music:)

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
lpv said:
luckylion100 said:
lpv said:
I've changed my mind and bought AVI DM5 instead ( put them on heavy stands + 3M dual lock tape) however I've heard Xeo2 and can recommend them a lot - for what they offer + option to mount them on the wall they are great choice and good value. 

Did the DM10's go back (due to the colouration issue) and never return?
what I desribed above was earlier this year, I bought DM5s first and then DM10s.. now 10s are sent back to TimberWorx for evaluation and Martin sent me 5s so I can enjoy the music:) 
What was wrong with the tens?

GustavAP

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
davedotco said:
If you add the Dynaudio 'Connect' to the system you can connect all your sources, streamer, TV, vinyl to the 'Connect' and stream wirelessly to the speakers. The 'Connect' also takes over volume and pre-amp duties.

Mains only required to the speakers...*good*

Hehe I know, but it is a considerable cost, too high for me at the moment to warrent being afraid of three small cables.

I just came from the shop where I heard them just briefly, badly positioned on a shelf and they sounded great on different levels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts