Dynaudio:- DM2/6 OR Emit M10

matthewpiano

I haven't heard the Emit 10 so I can't say, but it is very hard to see where the crucial differences are when looking at the design and specifications. As the Emit 10 has directly replaced the DM2/6 I'd hope the newer model is better, but I'd be surprised if the difference is all that spectacular.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Snooker said:
I have just out of the blue come into a little money, and which speakers above would you say are best, or are thety really about the same in sound quality ?

Either one are good speakers and also a good chance for you prove that your amp is as good as any high end kit.

gasolin

The DM 2/6 needs a punchy amp to shine accordig to whathifi

The Emit 10 are newer infact much newer since the DM 2/6 is mabye a 7 years speakers, mabye they have refined the emit 10 in ways the DM 2/6 was a bit weak

Both need a big amp to play loud, bigger then a Denon Ceol n8

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I originated this thread and

I originated this thread and also agree that in blind tests you would not know which is the more expensive, which just goes to show how good budget stuff is these days, and beleive that most of the higher end gear probably does not sound any better 

Denon Ceol N8, Dali Zensor 1, Sennheiser HD480 II

gasolin

Andrewjvt said:
I originated this thread and

I originated this thread and also agree that in blind tests you would not know which is the more expensive, which just goes to show how good budget stuff is these days, and beleive that most of the higher end gear probably does not sound any better

Denon Ceol N8, Dali Zensor 1, Sennheiser HD480 II

Retail price is the same, so you can't say it's hard to hear which one is the more expensive speaker, mabye you can't hear which one sounds best, just don't think you could hear which one is the more expensive speaker

http://www.whathifi.com/dynaudio/emit-m10/review

http://www.whathifi.com/dynaudio/dm-26/review

matthewpiano

There's a fair amount of choice around that price-point and I'd suggest listening to a few different options. KEF Q300 are still an excellent speaker, and there's also the B&W 685 S2 and the Monitor Audio Silver 1 and Silver 2.

Also, you might find the test of the Dyns, Dali Opticon, and new Wharfedales in the new issue of WHF worth a read.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt, Yes good point about what I said, of course there would not really be any difference between the two to worry about, shot myself in the foot, (I have previously heard the Dyaudio speakers and think they may be a better "all round" speaker to the Zensor 1's which sometimes in the treble sound sort of squeeky) and that £500 is really about the right price for speakers, and was taken in for a minute by all the hype for the newer model ! *smile*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Snooker said:
Andrewjvt, Yes good point about what I said, of course there would not really be any difference between the two to worry about, shot myself in the foot, (I have previously heard the Dyaudio speakers and think they may be a better "all round" speaker to the Zensor 1's which sometimes in the treble sound sort of squeeky) and that £500 is really about the right price for speakers, and was taken in for a minute by all the hype for the newer model ! *smile*

Would be about the amps ability to drive the dynaudios well?

Hope they can drive them not sure myself

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts