Dvds On my Panasonic TX-32LZD85

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just put a Dvd in the PS3 and thought id see how good it looked on the Panny, im not even getting the correct viewing picture it comes up in 4.3 with 2 black lines either side of the picture, why cant i view it in widescreen. I tried changing the aspect ratio but that doesnt work either. The Ps3 is connected to HMDi 2. Anyone have any thoughts.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
If the black bars were at the top and bottom, then maybe, but even so that doesn't explain why the ratio can't be changed!

I've noticed this on my PS3/Sony L40W4500 with a DVD that is in full screen. Usually I'd expect to be able to change the screen ratio on the TV with any input. Certainly I could change the aspect ratio of the TV if my DVD player was, er, playing the disc. But when playing it in the PS3 the TV wouldn't change from 4:3 !

There might be something in the Video Settings menu on the PS3, but I haven't tried it yet.

A

Anonymous

I tried another dvd and it displayed it in the correct format 16.9 there might be something in the video settin gs on the PS3 like u said electroman or maybe it was just the way the film was meant to be. But i recall watching the shining also on the PS3 last time all be it on a different TV and it dispalyed it 16.9. Will have a look over the weekend.

TRENDING THREADS