DVD to Bluray

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Dear All

Currently really happy with the setup I hve at the mo, however know that not to far in the future I will need to invest in a blu ray player and hd set. My current DVD Pioneer 565A is now six years old. As films go when I upgrade to a bluray player what improvements am I going to expect from my surround sound.

Regards

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I was quite sceptic first of all with Dolby HD etc, but I can tell you there is a big difference in terms of the sound. The files are higher bit rates, which in terms creates a more clearer dynamic sound etc. It's worth it just for the sound, walks over bog standard DD and DTS, DD and DTS are not lossless audio, so they are limited to what bit rate they are. HD sounds are produced in a much higher rate

Though some may argue that it's not always night and day all the time, also sometimes the HD sound needs to be turned up a bit more on the amp compared to DD etc

Though make sure you have a decent reciever and speakers to make the best of it
emotion-4.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Just make sure you pick a good blu ray player when you do, here's a tip for you do not go for one of new credit cruch pioneer blu ray players. The old ones are much better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts