dazroch

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Bit confused about DTS X. Last night I put on the Force awakens blue ray , but the amp displayed DTS Neural X which I'm sure is not DTS X. Can I only get DTS X if it says it on the blue ray box......sorry if it sounds a bit confusing
wink_smile.png

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you can only get proper DTS-X sound if it says so on the back of the bluray box where it lists the soundtrack options, the Force awakens bluray has only a standard DTS-MA 7.1 mix.

the latest Jason Bourne film and Despicable me 3 have true DTS-X soundtracks on the standard bluray.

Can you let us know what make and model number your a/v amp is as it helps us on the forum answer your questions better.

*music2*

dazroch

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou for all the replies to earlier question about DTS X. Anyway I went to Tesco and bought Despicable Me 3 which is in DTS X and the sound is excellent. Even my kids said it was very clear. But why doesn't the amp display DTS X only DTS. It clearly shows it displaying DTS X on the box the amp came in.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I found this on another website:

If you have the UBP-X800 manual turn to page 22 under Audio Settings and under (BD Audio Mix Setting) you will see the note under the "light bulb" picture "To enjoy Bitstream (Dolby / DTS) signals, set (BD Audio Mix Setting) to (off) and (Digital Audio Output) to (auto). This should resolve the issue..

Hope that helps...

PS I just set up my X800 in the media room to these settings and can confirm I'm getting the full 7.2.4 watching Fantastic Beasts with an Atmos BD disc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts