dazroch

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Bit confused about DTS X. Last night I put on the Force awakens blue ray , but the amp displayed DTS Neural X which I'm sure is not DTS X. Can I only get DTS X if it says it on the blue ray box......sorry if it sounds a bit confusing
wink_smile.png

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you can only get proper DTS-X sound if it says so on the back of the bluray box where it lists the soundtrack options, the Force awakens bluray has only a standard DTS-MA 7.1 mix.

the latest Jason Bourne film and Despicable me 3 have true DTS-X soundtracks on the standard bluray.

Can you let us know what make and model number your a/v amp is as it helps us on the forum answer your questions better.

*music2*

dazroch

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou for all the replies to earlier question about DTS X. Anyway I went to Tesco and bought Despicable Me 3 which is in DTS X and the sound is excellent. Even my kids said it was very clear. But why doesn't the amp display DTS X only DTS. It clearly shows it displaying DTS X on the box the amp came in.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I found this on another website:

If you have the UBP-X800 manual turn to page 22 under Audio Settings and under (BD Audio Mix Setting) you will see the note under the "light bulb" picture "To enjoy Bitstream (Dolby / DTS) signals, set (BD Audio Mix Setting) to (off) and (Digital Audio Output) to (auto). This should resolve the issue..

Hope that helps...

PS I just set up my X800 in the media room to these settings and can confirm I'm getting the full 7.2.4 watching Fantastic Beasts with an Atmos BD disc.

TRENDING THREADS