DTS master through the Pioneer BDP-51FD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of this player instead of the Panny BD - 55.

As I understand it won't decode DTS master onboard. But does this make any difference if it is going to an AV receiver via HDMI which does decode it.

Also with it being on Profile 1.1 will this effect what disc's it may play?

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
michael_walkden:As I understand it won't decode DTS master onboard. But does this make any difference if it is going to an AV receiver via HDMI which does decode it.

Nope, it can bitstream the DTS HD Master Audio signal to the amp and the amp can decode it.

michael_walkden:Also with it being on Profile 1.1 will this effect what disc's it may play?

Potentially, see here.

A

Anonymous

Was reading on the pioneer web site that they have updated the firware to stop some BD's not playing. Sound promising.

Not sure whether this player would be worth getting over the Panny.

Do prefer the larger case of the Pioneer, but is the panny a better player spec wise.

Decisions decisions.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately thats what has given me this decision problem. oh the joy.

nads

Not having seen the latest issue, Not out here for a while. But somthing that you may have overlooked.

the Panna 55 is now discontinued so if you wait too long you will not beable to get one.

But if you are going to go for the Pio. then there is no such problem.

A

Anonymous

I've got the Panny waiting for me, so no worries on not being able to get it.

Rest of my kit arrives next week. so i'm saving it all for the 'Xmas morning effect'

Just the pioneer, does look better, I am really not bothered about the extra downloadable internet features.(its a film, that all I want to watch)

As far as the reviews go, maybe the pioneer is better picture and sound wise, especially for larger screen ( i have 46 inch)

so got a fews days decision time, but need to think fast if I am to swap.

A

Anonymous

Would we say the pioneer has over taken the Panny BD 55?

A

Anonymous

Are there any owners here of the pioneer that can comment on problems with playing some Blu Rays.

Just seriously considering a swap as feel the pioneer may be better picture wise and musically, but any issues due to the lower profile would swing it for me.

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I have the pioneer LX08 which has the same firmware builds as the LX51 and I have never had any issues with watching discs.

I mainly get my discs from Lovefilm, which shows the Pioneer in an even better light as rental discs are not loved like our own discs. For comparison, we watch about 2 blu ray discs a week plus gave it a good seeing to over xmas with purchased discs, so between 20 and 30 disc's in total.

On the subject of the updates, Pioneer have relesed two firmware updates for there machines in November and December last year to improve the loading speed and Java engine. They are simpe to download and update via a CDR, takes about 10 mins each time. I mention that as it shows that Pioneer are actively working on improving there firmware, for all there machines, including the old LX70a. Roll on DTS-MA via the 5.1 output.

I have noticed that load times of discs have improved since I first got the player.

I can certianly recommend the LX08 and from the reviews in WHF this month looks like the LX51 is pretty dam good.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts