DTS HD MASTER AUDIO vs DOLBY TRUE HD

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
JohnNewman:aliEnRIK:What I found of particular interest was they also claim that there was hardly anything between the hidef versions and the bog standard dolby and DTS ones either. As theyre clearly using state of the art equipment in a room designed to supress 'noise reflections' then id hazard a guess the reason behind that is because the decoders used are close to perfection.

My pre amp is a pretty good decoder, probably head and shoulders above most peoples on here, and is probably why I too cant tell 'that' much of a difference between dolby digital and dolby trueHD

Perhaps the reason behind people claiming DTS MASTER AUDIO is better is simply because their decoders arent perfect (Slight errors along the way), or perhaps due to dolby having a slightly offset db range compared to DTS (Forgets the exact name of it)

My amp is not too shabby...not the best in the world, but not bad at all and I can clearly hear a difference between standard dolby digital/DTS and the HD sound formats. I can't comment on the differences between DTS-MA and Dolby True HD as I've never heard a film that uses both formats, however to be honest I'd be extremely surprised if their was a significant difference between the two.

No disrespect, but thats a very cheap amp compared to the high end stuff

Mines not HIGH end, but the pre amp alone is over 2.5k to buy now

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
gel:
To start with all music blu rays seem to be done in Master audio and not dolby true high definition or at least the ones I buy?

Secondly master audio is better because it can get more power, I remember seeing a chart with it on.

Something like 24 something

while dolby true high definition could only get to 18 something.

Something like that.

While dolby digital was on 2

At dts was on 4.

and there as another one on about 6.

I will have to find this chart.

Genius

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:gel:
To start with all music blu rays seem to be done in Master audio and not dolby true high definition or at least the ones I buy?

Secondly master audio is better because it can get more power, I remember seeing a chart with it on.

Something like that.

At dts was on 4.

Genius

Oh good, someone else was thinking the same thing.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:ValianTX:They are both accurate - you can pop by anytime to verify that fact!
I'm the other half, btw.

Hmmm... The jury is still out...

Please come around for lunch this Saturday, Andrew.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

aliEnRIK:gel:

Something like that.

At dts was on 4.

Genius

Thanks
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ValianTX:Please come around for lunch this Saturday, Andrew.
Life's too short - have you decided which ID you want to keep yet? Or shall we just suspend both accounts?

D

Deleted member 2457

lesmor:Whoe's been a naughty boy then?

I am not sure I understand what's going on here? Can someone explain in an easy way? thanks

A

Anonymous

gel:aliEnRIK:gel:

Something like that.

At dts was on 4.

Genius

Thanks
emotion-2.gif

I doubt that was intended to be a compliment, Gel
emotion-43.gif

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif