driving a dozen b&w 602s in brewery

morrillt

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have been enjoying my 602s for a long time in my house, and am opening a brewery. I was thinking of just getting a dozen 602s and pairing them with subs and seeing how that goes.

I have been pleased how my nad320bee sounds driving them, and even more so with a mid 2000's rotel 1056 that I have. Frankly I would be happy with eather.

I was wondering if I wanted to drive a large number of speakers and get the sound I am accustomed to, what would be the most cost effective and generally sane solution?

Best
Todd

insider9

You're going to have to provide more info to get some sound (no pun intended) advice.

What is it that you're going to use them for? Background music? Announcement system? Events? At what volume?

Are they all indoors? How many rooms concerned? How big are the rooms? Not just footage but overall volume as commercial premises height will be usually much more than domestic.

And finally is this something permanent or that you'd want to use occasionally?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Looking at your other thread where you killed a baby NAD and your penchant for high volumes ... I would look for industrial solutions rather than home hifi.

Multi channel amplifiers are easily available as are speakers with over load protection for commercial environments such as bars and clubs.

You can also get good reusable ear plugs for not much.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Electro is correct.

Also get an amp and speakers which are neither black or white as to not offend anyone. Yellow cones could antagonise 1.357 billion if they hear about it.

Best stick to charcoal with grey drivers.

This is the UK.

morrillt

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This is for a pretty huge warehouse with 8000 square feet and 35 foot ceilings, I did a trial run with two 602s and was surprised at how well they filled the space, thought ****, imagine I had 12 of these babies in here.....

Combined with how affordable you can pick up these items on used market I thought it could be a good idear.

Curious if yall think its sensible? Should I consult a pro or just do it?

The Behringer rack set sounds like a solid idear. Are behringers the clear choice for getting NAD / ROTEL like sound out of these babies?

Also one thing I have noticed with these speakers is they seem to do well when offset from walls so, whats the best way of actually mounting these thigns with good wall clearance to huge concrete walls ....
Todd

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have 4 or 8 or 16 speakers per channel you could wire them in the right combination of series and parallel to end up with the same impedance as 1 speaker per channel. Resulting in you being able to use 1 single amplifier - which you might want to make fairly high powered if you want very LOUD volumes.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Will you have a stage area? In which case would a pair of PA speaker stacks do you?

Or are you looking for ambient sound all around the hall?

morrillt

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
These speakers on spec sheet say max 120w at 8 ohm. As I write this I am sitting at a bar with 12 4 inchers powered by a sky ma420.... Sounds pretty good, I know the 602s will way outperform. I just want to know what amp to max 602 loudness.... For long times...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts