Dragonfly microphone and controls

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
Simple question, as I am considering buying a Dragonfly Red. Will it pass volume and play/pause/skip controls and work with the microphone on headphones with those features, like Apples own white (previously) included headphones?

Gray

Simple question, as I am considering buying a Dragonfly Red. Will it pass volume and play/pause/skip controls and work with the microphone on headphones with those features, like Apples own white (previously) included headphones?
I'm saying no to that.
I'm guessing it works in the same way as the Cambridge Dacmagic XS that I bought - taking a USB input and giving out (nothing but) stereo audio on a (3-pole) 3.5mm jack socket (for standard headphones).
I stand to be corrected.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I did look into this at the time and am near (but not 100%) certain that you can hear calls, but there's no mic or command passback. The Zorloo z'tella does allow calls/usage of in-line controls tho. Re the latter, I'm on my second one - the first one failed after 6 months, but to their credit they sent me a new one no-questions-asked.

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
I did look into this at the time and am near (but not 100%) certain that you can hear calls, but there's no mic or command passback. The Zorloo z'tella does allow calls/usage of in-line controls tho. Re the latter, I'm on my second one - the first one failed after 6 months, but to their credit they sent me a new one no-questions-asked.
Okay, that’s what I was afraid off. Strange that they omit Mfi on such an expensive product, when most cheap 10-15€ dacs support it. Thanks for confirming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts