Downloading music from PC to Ipod Touch

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening, one and all,

Much to my amazement, my better half recently got me an Ipod Touch (64gb). However, the portion of my CD collection that I have ripped to Itunes on my PC so far is in Apple Lossless. Short of re-ripping the CDs, does anyone know if there is a way of making a more lossy copy of the songs to download to the Touch?

Any help would be most welcome, especially as I have scoured the manual and Apple Help and can't seem to find anything about it!

Cheers in anticipation!

A

Anonymous

If you have the latest versions of the iPod Touch OS (3.1.3, I think) and iTunes (9.1.1), there should be an option on your iPod to transfer 128kbps AAC files rather than the ones in your library (to find the option, select your iPod in the devices list, and it is under the 'summary' tab (right at the bottom of that tab).

It'll probably take a while for the first sync.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Open iTunes go to edit-preferences-import settings, choose the file type and bit rate click ok. Highlight the tracks you want to convert then click advanced (top left of screen) and choose create mp3/aac version this will then create copies of the tracks at whatever settings you chose previously.You can then make a playlist with the lossy tracks and synch them to your touch.Remember to change the import settings back to lossles for future ripping assuming you want to continue ripping in lossless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts