dolby digital problems sky +

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have been having this problem on and off for a while, sometimes whilst watching DD programs the sound keeps switching off DD, the amp screen flickers, only happens for micro second but loose sound and realy spoils films. Thought it was my optical cable so changed that but no difference.

Have my sky connected to my amp (yamaha 861) via optical cable and sky connected to tv (LG 32 LCD) by scart lead, sound is set to DD on Sky box. was happening on previous dvd all in one surround sound system also. Is really starting to get on my wick!

Any help greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

please any ideas anyone, is really spoiling watching films.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Can I ask if it's raining when this happens or is it all the time? Also is it EVERY film channel (that transmits DD obviously) or only some?

Either way I think the problem is low signal strength/quality. If the signal is borderline in respect to delivering the DD soundtrack cleanly then you'll get dropouts, could be as simple of a gust of wind just moving the LNB slightly and causing the signal to dip below the required threshold for the soundtrack (obviously there's more data required to be delivered with a DD soundtrack than a Stereo or Pro-Logic soundtrack).

I have serious trouble with this, the monkey that installed my Sky didn't wrap the cables properly at the LNB end, resulting in water getting in the cables. We can't watch anything in the rain and the cables are now so bad that even in good weather the lower strength channels don't work because everything freezes all the time.

I could spend 70 odd quid calling sky out to replace them but I figure it'll be cheaper to order HD and get it all replaced that way (and they WILL be replaced!).

A

Anonymous

I have this problem all the time,and it only becomes noticable whenI have the amp for home cinema. I alway thought this was normal with satellite transmissions,especially Dolby Digital

A

Anonymous

Almost forgot, I don't believe its the cable I have a V.D.H.Optocoupler cable from Sky+ to amp

A

Anonymous

no seems to happen in all weather and on all movie channels with dd films. have checked my signal strengths and they seem fine, about 3/4 strngth and quality.

did wonder if it was something to do with the hdd, as watch most of my films after recording them.

have no problems with sound or pictures on other channels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts