Does your Hifi have a favourite song?

Paul.

Now, I know you should never choose music to listen to purely based on what sounds good from a Hifi point of veiw, but sometimes certain tracks just sing on certain hifi's.

Im at work at the mo, and have a little £90 ebay setup, Marantz PM 44SE amp, Mission SC-M50 bookshelves wallmounted, Chord rumour cables, source is docked iPhone.

'Inertia Creeps' by Massive Attack just came on on random, and I am blown away at how fantastic it sounds! I would go as far as to say it sounds better than my main system at home. Usually my home system is vastly superior, except for this one track? (that I know of). No idea why, somehow the wall/desk reflections just suit the drums and make it sound absolutely epic.

So, does your system have a favourite track?

A

Anonymous

Not that I've observed. I'm pretty sure its tastes would match those of the owner, though
smiley-smile.gif

The Leema goes to 'Our Price' most weekends... :)

It pretty much what one would expect on an amp in that price bracket. More importantly, think it would be sage to point out that it shows up bad tracks/music. The anoraks would say "brilliant...", but a number of discs are pretty much shown up for what they are: Rubbish! That blip aside, it's a fabulous all-rounder.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
my gear seems to love anything by neil diamond, his voice just sounds sublime. theres no way im ever gonna tell my mum this tho. =0)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Encore Une Fois, by Sash!
smiley-embarassed.gif
, sounds mighty via the car's Alpine but only so-so on the hi-fi; Radiohead's The King of Limbs sounds awesome on the hi-fi - as if it's leapin' around the room - but curiously limp in-car.

A

Anonymous

......Usher....YEAH!!!!!!

and Bruno Mars...Just the Way you are......

A

Anonymous

My Musical Fidelity and ProAc combination are absolutely incredible with Strobe by Deadmau5 - definetly their forté. My previous NAD and Mission setup seemed to play The Cure's extended version of Lovesong, much better than the current kit though :(.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
michael jackson - liberian girl. think this probably sounds great on any system.

the only thing i've noticed doesn't sound good is oasis, and i'm not sure the stereo exists that could seperate their wall of noise.

plastic penguin said:
The Leema goes to 'Our Price' most weekends... :) It pretty much what one would expect on an amp in that price bracket. More importantly, think it would be sage to point out that it shows up bad tracks/music. The anoraks would say "brilliant...", but a number of discs are pretty much shown up for what they are: Rubbish! That blip aside, it's a fabulous all-rounder.

I'd like to retract this statement. Tonight played "What's Wrong With The Way I Live" by the Hollies. Stupendous banjo piece throughout the track.

T

the record spot

Too many to list!

Picked up a US copy on Geffen of Elton's Greatest Hits Vol 3 a few weeks back and was again impressed by the music - a lot of it is fluff, but a few tracks really stand out; "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" was always a favourite and it sounds fine here. Better than the record. Likewise the "Too Low For Zero" album I picked up off Amazon (fantastic for first editions at low prices).

But really, there's a load. The system works well and highlights the best in recordings and I'm delighted with it.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
dvdaudio

Also check out Keb MO - Tell everybody I know.......in fact the whole album (called Keb MO) is great, and is often played at HiFi shows to show off equipment.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Chris Rea's 'Road to Hell', Billy Idol's 'Blue Highway', Dire Straits 'Telegraph Road', and the OST from 'Streets of Fire'... Mmmm... So my system appears to like anything to do with Tarmac? How odd!!!

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil, I thought you would only like listening to Westlife albums based on your previous post ;)

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
Jason Mraz - I'm yours (We sing we dance) :)

I think the whole 'We sing, We dance' album sounds fantastic as does 'A beautiful mess - Live on earth'

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
dvdaudio Also check out Keb MO - Tell everybody I know.......in fact the whole album (called Keb MO) is great, and is often played at HiFi shows to show off equipment.
another good call checking out his music now cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts