does this type of amp/reciever exist?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
is it possible to get a stereo amp with a built in a crossover for a sub?

basically exactly like a home theatre amp which directs bass below a certain crossover point to the sub? but without 5 channels of amplification. 2.1 as opposed to 5.1

T

the record spot

Not sure if the Harman Kardon HK990 has this - it's stacked with functionality and will accommodate two subwoofers. Check the specs out on the HK site for more info.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
The Emotiva USP-1 preamplifier has this
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

all i will say is that the speakers play loud enough, and sounded great... but then the amp fried. as far as i'm concerned thats a limitation of the amp not the speakers.

the speakers will also put out a fair bit more mid volume than the max i played but the excursion limits start causing distortion on SOME songs, where the bass drops lower, for example some dubstep cannot be played as loud as some house music to generalize. This is not a major concern however, the main thing is to get an amp which will not overheat, the crossover thing would just be a nice tough thats all.

even my 40wpc tangent amp can control the cones to max excursion on songs like bass l love you (but overheats even worse than the arcam).

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi OP - It looks like the weakest link is bound to get fried due to your specific demand. If the amp can hold it then may be the cross overs in speaker or some thing else may get damaged or such a possibility might exit. Consider the other possibility (PA system) if that is the prime requirement or djing for 300 people happens once in a while then hope nothing bad happens next time!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts