Does the Naim Nait 5i italic have internal wiring?

MRB

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
Silly question, but does anybody know if the Naim Nait 5i (italic) uses internal wiring to carry the audio signal? A photo would be good :) Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Amazing how so much can be achieved from so little. Its a half empty box of tricks...Naim, i take my hat off.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Always makes me chuckle looking inside these expensive boxes, we spend squillions on interconnects and the wires connecting them to the circuit boards looks like they cost 0.01p per metre! Before anyone says anything I realise they are quite short.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe:Always makes me chuckle looking inside these expensive boxes, we spend squillions on interconnects....

I use the interconnects Naim provided in the packaging and their own (relatively inexpensive compared to some) speaker cable and connectors.

But yes, interconnects costing 'squillions' is a bit daft.

A

Anonymous

Diamond Joe:Always makes me chuckle looking inside these expensive boxes, we spend squillions on interconnects and the wires connecting them to the circuit boards looks like they cost 0.01p per metre! Before anyone says anything I realise they are quite short.

Monitor Audio use their own speaker cable internally - 'Pureflow', and say you don't need anything else as it 'adds nothing and takes nothing away'.

That Naim box is mightily empty mind.

A

Anonymous

Heres mine...

18834485_1614bb6b67.jpg

Amazing when you consider, the sound is not so radically different (controversial statement alert!)

But considering all the work that went into the beauty of the Yamaha, the Naim 5i is considered by many a benchmark. I am so impressed now by looking inside the case of the Naim...how did they do it!?.

TRENDING THREADS