Does Sky+ require extra cost setup to HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am possibly looking to upgrade to sky hd and i have sky + at the moment but they tell me i wil need to pay the extra cost of setup fees. The thing is as far as i am aware it uses the same cable and does not require any extra

daveh75

It doesn't require any extra cabling etc if you're just swapping out your sky+ box for an HD one, but if your an existing customer they will charge you a £30 set up/connection charge for the privilige.... unless you take up the Hd/multiroom offer,then the charge is waived.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Plus you'll pay £10 per month more and the only HD channels you'll get other than the FTA are the one's in your base (Sky+) package. So if you want HD movies you'll need the Sky+ movies subscription, if you want HD football, you'll need the Sky+ football subscription etc.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:It doesn't require any extra cabling etc if you're just swapping out your sky+ box for an HD one, but if your an existing customer they will charge you a £30 set up/connection charge for the privilige.... unless you take up the Hd/multiroom offer,then the charge is waived.

This is not entirely accurate. You could buy a Sky HD box off ebay and connect it yourself. You then just phone Sky and say that you have swapped your box and you want to pair your card with the new box. They will do this over the phone. Although an HD box on ebay might cost £150. You could get the deal they have on offer at the moment and upgrade for £49. This will add £10 a month on to your subscription but you could cancel it after a year. 12 £10 + £49 = £169. You could get at least £50 for your Sky + box too.

TRENDING THREADS