Does my Sony RDR HXD 970 have a problem with EPG? Help please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought an RDR970 hdd/dvd/freeview box a couple of months ago. Everything is OK apart from setting the timer via the 7 day guide.

Example:

I can jump ahead to next Tuesday in the guide and set C5 at 9pm for CSI:Miami. The menu shows this entry in the list to be recorded. If I check this every day, by the end of the week the timer entry has disappeared? I readd the entry, quite often it disappears again over the weekend.

I've rung Sony and they say there is an issue with C5 and their guide details.

Does anyone know if this is true, or do you have the same problem?

I don't know whether or not the machine has a problem.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Steve.

A

Anonymous

not the same problem but a fault with my digital epg, sony suggested doing the basic setup from scratch. beware the stored timer recordings will be deleted but stored programmes on hdd seem to be ok. i posted my problem on 25th aug check it out. basically my epg would record the right title but record wrong channel and missed the end of 2 recordings as the programs ran late so much for the broadcast signal. any more probs let me know.

A

Anonymous

Just noticed this post and had to reply (better late than never!).

I bought the HXD 970 after the WHiFi review and have exactly the same problem...but I don't think we are alone!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606120

I've also had BBC1 recorded when Ch 4 was selected on series record (unfortunately mid series!).

I have contacted Sony who are referring the fault to a technician who will call back.

Hopefully the issue can be sorted by a firmware or software update but it's a shame that such a good performer from a brand such as Sony is compromised by the inability to hold recording details from the EPG.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the EPG issue has been resolved on the HXD970? The forum you mentioned seems to relate to the 870 model. Are the firmware updates the same? It all seems a bit complicated and unofficial. Surely Sony should be doing something about all of this? It would appear that Sony, in good old-fashioned way, are passing the buck to the 3rd party software people who produce the EPG software. Good old Sony!

A

Anonymous

It appears that Sony have begun issuing updated firmware on CDs to a few lucky, or just persistant, members of AVforum. Copies of the CD and instructions have been unofficially posted on there as well. The instructions state that they are for HXD 870, 970 and 1070. Some forum members claim to have been told that Sony will be posting the update on their website on or after 5th December 2007. Initial tests by one member of AVforum show a number of recordings set by EPG being held overnight. I have a reference number with Sony support so I will be persuing the official update route. Sony support can be contacted for free on: 0800 1695263.

Av forum has been the only point of reference for this annoying fault and the members have done a great job in keeping people informed of developments. Communication from Sony support has been very poor as has the support from my retailer. This was a major fault with an entire range of premium DVD recorders and should have been handled better. I don't understand how a range of products can be sold for such a long time with a known fault without the buyer being at least informed before the purchase.

Good luck with your firmware updates!

TRENDING THREADS