Does any one know where to by a Buffalo Terastation NAS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

I want to purchase a Buffalo Terastation III NAS (4GB), but i'm not really too keen on purchasing it online.

Now I know you can get other NAS drives that are usually much smaller from PCworld and Curry's.

Does anyone know any shops that sell these NAS drives?

Thanks

Stan.

A

Anonymous

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm looking for a NAS solution and the 4Tb Terastation III is on my list...

A

Anonymous

I'm ideally looking for a 4 drive, 4Tb NAS unit supporting RAID 5, DNLA compliant with a BitTorrent client installed. Nice and cheap too! Sounds easy, but the Terastation and the slightly cheaper Buffalo Linkstation Quad seem to be the only options in roughly the right price range...unless anyone has any other suggestions? A wireless connection would also be useful
emotion-1.gif

Also, if anyone can explain the differences between the Terastation III and the Linkstation Quad I'd be mighty grateful. I work in IT so really should be able to decipher the differences from the spec sheets but I couldn't make out too much of a difference!

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
I am a regular, satisfied user of www.scan.co.uk who also have a physical shopfront if you want to visit them directly.

They sell Buffalo's range as well as Netgear's ReadyNAS products which are also highly recommended (though appear to lack DNLA support).

Other than that look at Synology and Thecus for NAS devices ready to accept your own choice of drives.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Any of these near you?

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/where-to-buy/

I know Novatech have stores (Bristol, Portsmouth, Reading?). Only National chain is Argos, unlike Vimeous, I have had nothing but problems with Scan, hence my in-depth knowledge of the Sale of Goods and Consumer Credit Acts, but I may have just been very unlucky.

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Gwyndy:Any of these near you? http://www.buffalo-technology.com/where-to-buy/ I know Novatech have stores (Bristol, Portsmouth, Reading?). Only National chain is Argos, unlike Vimeous, I have had nothing but problems with Scan, hence my in-depth knowledge of the Sale of Goods and Consumer Credit Acts, but I may have just been very unlucky.

I've been using them for many years and been fortunate not to need their aftersales. If I did I would use the Hexus forums to ensure any necessary resitution was reached.
That aside I've heard similar things of ebuyer and yet many peeps have never had an issue.

Like the OP I'd prefer to use local shops but sometimes funds simply don't allow it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts