Do you play your system as loud as you`d like to?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Yes, for now. We have a detached place with enough garden around the building to put plenty of distance between me and the neighbours. However, when the little ones are in the house, then the volume goes down. I listen at acceptable levels most of the time.

Same as me. Although my kids are more tolerant than the missus!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i usually try to keep it to a level that the neighbours can't hear (semi with adjoining living rooms), even though they told me they are half deaf and not to worry about it. they can hear it though, i was playing a patrick noland piano number whilst messing with the toe-in of my speakers and kept pressing stop and starting the track again, the next day over the garden fence they asked me if i played the piano and that it sounded so good they turned off their music so they could listen to it. when no-ones in though, i only stop turning it up when the room starts echoing.
emotion-19.gif

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I could care less what my neighbors think... I crank it up as I please!!! Because I'm a REAL man, unlike you Nancy Boys!!! That and I only use headphones...
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Ajani:I could care less what my neighbors think... I crank it up as I please!!! Because I'm a REAL man, unlike you Nancy Boys!!! That and I only use headphones...
emotion-4.gif

Lol - you sound like my Dad - only cares for how loud it goes!

Try explaining the principals of a stereo soundstage and he'll go - "yeah, but how many watts is it?" - I just shudder and walk away...
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts