Do you own B&W DM602 S3 speakers? How tall are the speaker stands you are using?

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Greetings fellow lovers of good music and great audio!

About 8 years ago I was in a job that paid well and covered most expenses and I felt the desire to spend money so I started working towards buliding a great audio system and home theater...

Then the job ended and I was only half way there!

Long story short, my brother has been storing 3 pairs of B&W DM602 S3 speakers, never out of the box, in his basement!

NOW I am going to try to finish where I left off.

I plan on building a TV stand with compartments for the cable box / CD player / receiver / Blu Ray AND speakers underneath it -

I know I have to get this right if it's going to sound good.

My first concern is I cannot find the dimensions of the speaker stands that use to be sold to go with the B&W 602 S3's.

I want to make sure that I build this thing to put the speakers at the ideal height, on the same plane (I'm using one of these speakers as a center channel), and at the ideal distance apart.

So if anybody else still owns these speakers and would kindly take a tape measure to their speaker stands I'd really appreciate it.

Any other tips after that would be welcome!

Thanks.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
twochordcool said:
My first concern is I cannot find the dimensions of the speaker stands that use to be sold to go with the B&W 602 S3's. I want to make sure that I build this thing to put the speakers at the ideal height, on the same plane (I'm using one of these speakers as a center channel), and at the ideal distance apart. So if anybody else still owns these speakers and would kindly take a tape measure to their speaker stands I'd really appreciate it. Any other tips after that would be welcome! Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about the height of the old stands. The key thing is making sure the tweeters are at or as near as possible to the height of your ears (ie your eyeline) when you are seated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts