Do You Like The Sound of Source Direct Mode?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I'm wondering if you always choose this sound mode. I can say that it will bring out more detail but the bass is restrained. I am a bass lover so this mode is not suited for me. Fortunately, my subwoofer is connected to the amp using a high level neutrik cable. I can still get the bass that I want even though the bass is bypassed so with proper adjustment on the subwoofer I can get the detail of Source Direct plus the bass of my subwoofer. For me (Source Direct + a subwoofer with high-level connection = perfect musicality).[:)]

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Pure direct all the way for me on movies and music. I can just turn the volume control on the back of my sub. sorry i dont know enough but i agree than pure direct mode is better in evey way

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Just checked and it was not on S/D. It is normally though so I have to assume the girls played around with it. How long ago? No idea but I did listen to music last night and enjoyed it regardless
emotion-11.gif

T

the record spot

Kind of gave up with "non-tweaky" a while ago when I landed some Sansui amps. The current model (the 717) has a whole bunch of onboard tweakery, knobs and buttons. Equally, for all my thinking that "Tone Defeat" came out sometime in the 1990s, I nearly fell over when I unpacked the Sansui amp and found it had one, all the way back in 1977!

Most of the time, I go with Tone Defeat on, all the other tweaks and sound shapers set to off. At night, or very late night listening, I'll apply the muting, maybe up the treble filter or the high filter and likewise the bass. Useful to have.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes all the way for me, sound is sweeter in the treble and the midrange is more natural, the only time I never use it is when I need to use pro logic 2.

A

Anonymous

As previous mentioned in a separate thread, I find this option very beneficial when listening to iTunes connected straight to my PC, it keeps things tighter, cleaner and musically much more enjoyable when using an AV amp with all it's internal interference and circuitry...

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys. I also reckon that Source Direct or Pure Direct works best on classical, smooth jazz, country, and other easy listening music. Not for hard rock, pop, disco etc.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
liujol: For me, Source Direct + a subwoofer with high-level connection = perfect musicality.
emotion-1.gif

Me too. That's exactly how mine is set.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts