Do you leave your speakers grills on or take them off before listening to music?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

For all you know Kashifa Kabir, Becky Roberts and Verity Burns (all females who worked on testing hifi for What hi fi sound and vision) could love looking at a naked speaker.
Wow, you can actually name people who work for WHF, more than I can, but then I don't really care as I don't read the mag. Think you may have totally missed the point of my post.

Reactions: Gray

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
In years long gone I did take covers off for 'critical' listening.

These days I am far too lazy and just want to enjoy music without Audiophile Angst.

Having said that, my current Speakers do not have covers ... unfortunately.

Last edited:

Gray

Wow, you can actually name people who work for WHF, more than I can, but then I don't really care as I don't read the mag. Think you may have totally missed the point of my post.
...think he might be suggesting you need to be more PC (or 'woke') Doug.
I'd like to point out that you forgot to mention non-binary people, those who prefer not identify as male or female....for all you know they might like to look at naked speakers too.

D

Deleted member 108165

I'm always PC, Gray :) I was alluding to the probable fact that in a heterosexual household it's only the male of the species who like to see naked speakers, generally SWMBO like the grilles in place. I've had some SWMBO in my life and they all preferred clothed speakers :)

abacus

Have a look in the manual or contact the manufacture to see whether they were designed for grills on or use.

Alternatively just try it for yourself and go with which you prefer. (You’ve payed for them after all)

Bill

Gray

I'm always PC, Gray :) I was alluding to the probable fact that in a heterosexual household it's only the male of the species who like to see naked speakers, generally SWMBO like the grilles in place. I've had some SWMBO in my life and they all preferred clothed speakers :)
I knew exactly what you were saying Doug 👍
(It was just my theory on how he might have missed your point).
No question far more males than females would rather see drivers (and a nice wooden baffle).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts