Do I need external speakers with the marantz cd6003 CD player and AMP

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My Dad recently passed away and he had the above CD and AMP I up until now have never thought about a AMP and CD Player the level of the Marantz but as they have now passed onto me now seems the right time to take advantage of something which according to the comments on here are 2 great pieces of kit to have.

As I was looking them over and due to my lack of knowledge on how these 2 items connect up I suddenly realised that they might only be able to work with external speakers I know external speakers are the best option but do they have internal speakers which I can use for the time being until get everything financially sorted out to invest in some externals?

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
[quote Silly question, and condolences for your dad, but didn't he have speakers as well? quote

unfortunately after my Dad got them he was waiting for a time where he would be off from work but for whatever reeason he he ended up hitting the bottle really hard in his remaining years and died before he had the chance that is why I have no reference to refer back to because after he got them he never got around to setting them up so technically they are band new never having been switched on.

The headphones sound like nice workaround and as I like to know what to aim for when I have a finncial item I intend to purchase in the future I was just looking at the 211 award winners so just so I know I am looking at the right speaker section the speaker ackages include movies and TV besides audio and the stereos are obviously just audio the senario I am looking to use the speakers in is just with the amp and CD alone.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
You need seperate speakers.

You need to learn how to spell simple words. :roll: :grin:

Philiptech, sorry to read about your Dad passing. My Dad passed away just three months ago. For the Marantz amp you have inherited you need to buy a pair of speakers (a stereo pair) which connect with speaker cable to the binding posts on the rear of the amp. If you look at the posts on the amp, you will see them marked L and R, for left channel speaker and right channel speaker. Maybe if you have a hifi store nearby, like a Richer Sounds, you can pop in and someone there will advise you accordingly.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
My condolences to your loss . My father died about a year ago , but he was 84 so he had a good innings . I inherited a Trio amp , BSR McDonald turntable and KEF speakers , which are about 40 years old and not much cop .

Are there any instruction manuals with your CD player and amp ? If there are they might help you in seeing what you need to do to get them up and running .

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks gpi and shropshire lad for your kind words and sorry about your losses also my dad was only 54 so a shock to say the least. have not found the instructons as yet but hopfully will come accross them I also saw that Whathifi had a video on System matching so that was some good advice and will give me something to get my teeth into researchng.

Also thanks for pointing out where the Cables connect into and when I think I am close to a decision I will definitely go to one of the big audio stores near me to get a second opinion on my choice of speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts